I thought I scored big, at the landfill last weekend....

Johnny Come Lately Name

14 minutes ago, Pokey said:

Damn....nice pick. I wonder, tossed by a divorcing wife for spite?

I asked the dump mutant "How I would go about getting that?" He said "Well I just charged the guy who dropped it off two punches, so give him a few bucks for it". I went over to the guy and gave him a punch card with three punches still left on it. He gave me a box with all the rest of the little crap. Said they never used it anymore.

After lugging it downstairs, I can tell you for sure that when we move.....it's staying with the house.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I asked the dump mutant "How I would go about getting that?" He said "Well I just charged the guy who dropped it off two pumches, so give him a few bucks for it". I went over to the guy and gave him a punch card with three punches still left on it. He gave me a box with all the rest of the little crap. Said they never used it anymore.

After lugging it downstairs, I can tell you for sure that when we move.....it's staying with the house.

Cool beans.

1 minute ago, Shu Fang said:

Dogs are always a pain in the ass with things.

ALWAYS!

SF

Oh yeah? Try doing a set of sit-ups with the dogs around. Drives them nuts.

12 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I asked the dump mutant "How I would go about getting that?" He said "Well I just charged the guy who dropped it off two punches, so give him a few bucks for it". I went over to the guy and gave him a punch card with three punches still left on it. He gave me a box with all the rest of the little crap. Said they never used it anymore.

Nice find.  You would think the guy would have found someone to give it to, or if not, just leave it out by the road.  Gone in 30 seconds!  :D

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

I just got rid of one on craigslist that looked just like that.  It was just the Foosball, nothing else.  $35.  I was glad to finally get rid of it.  I would have given it to the kid.

I'm pretty sure that'd be gone pretty quick on Craigslit here if it looked as nice as the one in the picture.

I just suck at Foosball, and I have very little company, so it'd be lost on me.  Now, a classic arcade game or decent pinball table, and I'd be all over that.

40 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

. Now, a classic arcade game 

You should talk to my kid. He's done stuff with ROMs and emulators (or some shit) and built consoles with a whole bunch of classic arcade games on them. They even build them into arcade style cabinets.

3 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

You should talk to my kid. He's done stuff with ROMs and emulators (or some shit) and built consoles with a whole bunch of classic arcade games on them. They even build them into arcade style cabinets.

I've played with emulators and ROMs; it's how I used to play Commodore 64 games that I still miss and have nostalgic fondness for on a PC. 

The games I want though are originals, rather than emulated.  They're of two types.  One: basic level not in budget. e.g., "The Addams Family" pinball table that pioneered electronic pinball and is relatively easy to find.  Fun to play, looks great in good condition, not hard to find, just not something I have pocket change for.

Or option 2: Impossible to find due to rarity, though amazingly fun, and therefore in the realm of someone super-rich, if it even exists.

The example of that one is Sega System's G-LOC  fighter-plane arcade gameThere are several variants.  Stand-up cabinet (basic).  Sit-down cabinet (nice but just a stand-up cabinet built into a sit-down).  A partially-rotating sit-down cabinet, which is pneumatic and has moderate rotation capabilities (fun, and rare), and finally, the never-find, insanely-nuts-expensive option:  the Sega R360 cabinet version.  Full 360 rotation, as in, you can do a complete barrel roll.  The cabinet was used for several games with different software.  It's also ginormous.

Partial sit-down cabinet (poor quality video):

Sega R360 cabinet (not sure this is for G-LOC, but good exmple of what it does):

• Heart 1

Oh, and I'm sure the R360 probably has unique power requirements.  From what I've read, even on the partial-rotation cabinet, plans for some of its electronics and wiring may have been lost to time by Sega.  I've heard of one or two people trying to re-wire one by trial and error with knowledge from people all over the place, which means tons of testing.

11 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Oh, and I'm sure the R360 probably has unique power requirements.  From what I've read, even on the partial-rotation cabinet, plans for some of its electronics and wiring may have been lost to time by Sega.  I've heard of one or two people trying to re-wire one by trial and error with knowledge from people all over the place, which means tons of testing.

Gee, you don't want much,do you? My kid has shown me some pretty fantastic build and I thought about doing one....and then said "Yeah, that's what I need - another project I don't have time for..."

Late '70's, I worked for a vending company. Our "sister" company was arcade stuff. If I knew then, what I know now....

On 2/15/2016 at 7:14 AM, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Gee, you don't want much,do you? My kid has shown me some pretty fantastic build and I thought about doing one....and then said "Yeah, that's what I need - another project I don't have time for..."

Late '70's, I worked for a vending company. Our "sister" company was arcade stuff. If I knew then, what I know now....

Hey, if it's going to remain a dream, I might as well dream big. :D