Cheap Route (Bike Rack)

Mr. Beanz

I'm a budget shopper! ^_^

I was trying to find a way to run the gopro on the back of the tandem since I have the remote. But the rear mount I have is a saddle rail and no way can we go without proper flat repair on the tandem. So I thought maybe a rack. I placed a gopro mount on the rear of the rack. Worked cool but in order to carry supplies I stuck the saddle pack on the rack and strapped it on. Not really enough room. I couldn't fit the cell and nutrition bars in the seat pack.  A bit too small. Plus I carry an extra battery as the remote drains the gopro battery when the wifi is on.

I found this rack that looks identical to others I have seen at sport shops for 1/2 to 1/3 the price. $15 at Wally World.

So I found this lunch pack type thing at Target for $12. perfect flat profile for the rack and a bit short so it's just the right length with the gopro mount Slips under the seat vs other packs that rise 5 or 6 inches above saddle height. I can't have that cause Gina has some junk in the trunk and it won't work. :D Heck the packs at sport stores and bike shops that fit onto racks are like $50- $70! :o So this #12 deal is great and just the perfect size to carry everything plus a bit more if needed.

Also found this cargo net for the rack. $7!

Heck of a deal, $15 + $12 + $7 is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $55 alone that most places wanted just for starters with the rack! :56bb29f6b08a1_thumbsup:

If I went with all bike specific stuff I'd spend $125!:o So I say who cares if a lunch pack doubles for a bike bag? It's just what I needed!

Rack with go pro and the not big enough seat pack.

DSCN1985_zpscip8dvpd.jpg

Now this is perfect! The gopro mount and flat pack. Enough room for everything and more! :radler:

DSCN2085_zpsbvmfne11.jpg

• Heart 1