Finishing the last 3 rooms of this house

Dirtyhip

Spare room has been gutted, floor foundation improved, insulation added, new wiring, new window, new sheetrock, and one layer of mud.  

After this room is done, then to remodel the spare bath and laundry room.  

Then, this house is finally finished.  It's been a wild ride.  The project stalled for a few years, as K went back to school.  He does a fantastic job on this little house.  We bought a wreck of a little house and recycled it.  

It is my opinion that little houses are good investment.  You see lots of articles about people embracing the small dwelling.  I think people see their money stretching further, if they think smaller.

:)

Spare room has been gutted, floor foundation improved, insulation added, new wiring, new window, new sheetrock, and one layer of mud.  

After this room is done, then to remodel the spare bath and laundry room.  

Then, this house is finally finished.  It's been a wild ride.  The project stalled for a few years, as K went back to school.  He does a fantastic job on this little house.  We bought a wreck of a little house and recycled it.  

It is my opinion that little houses are good investment.  You see lots of articles about people embracing the small dwelling.  I think people see their money stretching further, if they think smaller.

:)

So did you hit any big surprises like lead paint or asbestos or rotting plumbing like you see on those renovation shows all the time?

So did you hit any big surprises like lead paint or asbestos or rotting plumbing like you see on those renovation shows all the time?

No doubt the asbestos and lead paint is there. Masks were employed.  

It doesn't matter, cause it's all coming out.  

We found papers from 1945.  People could get an Xray for $3 bucks.  Liquor was more expensive than you would think.  It was comparable to the cost of an Xray.