Feb 20 Miles

Ralphie

60 miles at 16.4 average today. I have no idea what got into Gina today but she made it look easy. We were passing guys who were trying to stay on our wheel and she was just smiling away. Even acting a bit silly at the rest stops! One we got back to the truck we only had 59 miles so I asked if she wanted to roll on just to make it 60. Sure why not! Heck, she even passed and dropped some dude on short climb ha ha!

022016E_zpslbezgv9d.jpg

022016A_zpsbmxz7ipo.jpg

022016F_zpssv1wyg3m.jpg

022016N_zps1evjgqaw.jpg

• Heart 1

Well I had Wednesday off so I figured I'd make the best of it. But when I woke up in the morning I was laying there wondering if I really wanted to do GMR ha ha! I managed to get out there and figured maybe I would do the easy option of 2300 ft. If I felt good I'd go the distance 5,000 ft. But as soon as i parked my truck, a friend Ron came rolling by. Ron is a good climber so I figured he'd jam up the road and I wouldn't see him for long. BUT! He says his plan was to ride up for an hour then head home. BUT! Once we got in  an hour of climbing he asked how far I was going. Uhhh I dunno! Ah screw it, let's go the distance. So we hit Baldy Village after 21 miles of climbing He went straight down Baldy Rd but I took the GMR route and doubled back. Once I got to the bottom I had 4950 feet! Dammit! I turned around and climbed back up a bit. Another 70 ft to get my 5,000 for the day. I did the extra 20 cause you never know what Garmin is going to do with the gain. :D

I outweigh Ron by 70 pounds so I told him if I was holding him up, he was free to go on ahead. He said no I was doing a good pace and he was happy. Said if he pushed himself any more he'd be feeling wasted at the end of the ride. Plus the chatting made the climb go quicker he said!:56bb29f6b08a1_thumbsup:

DSCN2135_zpsumtnmgdj.jpg

DSCN2138_zpscutb06rs.jpg

DSCN2143_zpsda6kfuve.jpg

DSCN2146_zpswrfcbonf.jpg

DSCN2152_zpsigd6ml3c.jpg

0GMRRon1_zpsg1crs6iv.jpg

0GMRRon2_zpsorwhqcfi.jpg

• Heart 1