taking the kids camping tonight

KrAzY

We are setting up the tent in the basement tonight, and I'll be sleeping in the hammock that I'll be putting up between the support poles in the basement.

I figure we can make smores and fry pies over the fire in the fireplace.
in the morning we can forage for food at Costco :) they will have their free samples out by the time we are done making snowmen/women!

• Heart 2

My kids know better to believe me about a story, or just about anything else. They already know I am more of a kid then they are :)

The camping went delightfully well. Until the damn furness turned off and the sump pump kicked in making one hell of a racket for a few seconds.. All I heard coming out of the dark was "WHAT WAS THAT?"

I said it was the evil gilly monster that I trapped 12 years ago and keep down here. he only comes out when it is dark. I then snuck out of the hammock  quietly, and went over to where I kept the billy suite, put it on and snuck over to their tent.

As I screamed and made silly noises, my son looked at me and told me to stop it and go to bed.

Talk about them being no fun at all!  

• Heart 1

My kids know better to believe me about a story, or just about anything else. They already know I am more of a kid then they are :)

The camping went delightfully well. Until the damn furness turned off and the sump pump kicked in making one hell of a racket for a few seconds.. All I heard coming out of the dark was "WHAT WAS THAT?"

I said it was the evil gilly monster that I trapped 12 years ago and keep down here. he only comes out when it is dark. I then snuck out of the hammock  quietly, and went over to where I kept the billy suite, put it on and snuck over to their tent.

As I screamed and made silly noises, my son looked at me and told me to stop it and go to bed.

Talk about them being no fun at all!  

You are a good dad.  No, a great dad.  Yay!