One love... Feel alright

jsharr

So while finishing off the Christmas shopping last night, I was at the local grocery store, as they have a huge selection of gift cards.  The gift cards were located next to the coffee.  So while the wife looked over the cards, I looked over the coffee.

Almost pulled the trigger on a $19 bag of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and then Bob Marley smiled down on me.  I saw the visage of Mr. Marley beaming at me from the front of a bag of One Love Coffee.  It $8 for 8 oz, so I gave it look see.

http://www.marleycoffee.com/

product-img42.jpg

Must say it is a nice cup of coffee.  I am very happy mon.

• Heart 1

right before it went in that bag.  Not sure actually.  I will go check the bag to see when I get home.

The big fear with any coffee that comes from the grocery store is that often you don't know when it was roasted. It may be 6 months old. Not pre-ground, I hope or it's already lost most of its flavor.

Assuming those characteristics check out...it sounds like it has potential.

What would you suggest in the sub $10 per pound, "I like coffee but I am cheap" range?

Not sure I have ever really had a cup of really good coffee.

I can't say.....your best bet is a local roaster. As I don't live in your area, I don't know any local roasters.

1) Try to find a coffee shop that roasts themselves. Not sure if you'll find in the sub $10/pound, but it's worth the look.

2) If (1) fails, do you have a Whole Foods? They sell fresh roasted coffee and often coffee from local roasters too. See if you can find any there (again, not sure if you'll find it < $10/pound though).

I only pay about $5 or $6 per pound, but then I roast it myself.

I can't say.....your best bet is a local roaster. As I don't live in your area, I don't know any local roasters.

1) Try to find a coffee shop that roasts themselves. Not sure if you'll find in the sub $10/pound, but it's worth the look.

2) If (1) fails, do you have a Whole Foods? They sell fresh roasted coffee and often coffee from local roasters too. See if you can find any there (again, not sure if you'll find it < $10/pound though).

I only pay about $5 or $6 per pound, but then I roast it myself.

Fly down here and find a roaster for me.

If they are local (not national/big chains), then they are "equivalent" IMO. Try some of each and judge by what tastes best to you. I would generally go in order of smaller business size to larger, but that's probably more for the sentiment of supporting small business than anything.