Doubtful, but there is hope!

KrAzY

My 5 year old is a constant habitual fibber. He always tries to blame someone else for what he does wrong.
Today I was watching both boys as the wife was at work. I sat my bottlecaps(candy.. Incase you all remember them) down on the counter as I went to check on the cookies I was baking. I completely forgot about my candy since my oldest wanted to go outside and have a snowball fight.
when we got back inside, I went to grab my candy, but the box was empty. I asked my son "who ate my candy?". His reply was that Gage ate it all.

Hmmmm I might be slow, but the child that was outside with me did not eat my candy!

How in the hell did he look me in the eyes and frick'n tell me that kind of a lie? I sent his butt to his room an hour ago, and have not heard from him since. I wonder if he will stay in there bidding from me the rest of the night, or will he come out and tell me he is sorry.

My oldest was the one that told lies in our house.  I cannot recall what the last lie was about but when I asked both boys about it, it was obvious the older son's story did not hold water.  So I took him outside and sat him down and told him that he had one last chance to tell me the truth about what happened.  That if he did not do what ever it was, then it had to be his younger brother and that his younger brother was going to get a spanking,  Again, he said his brother did it.  So I told him I was going to take a short walk and then come home and give his brother a spanking.  I told him that I was disappointed the most in the fact that I had done such a poor job as a father raising sons who would not tell the truth.  Asked for his forgiveness.

I did not get around the corner until he came running after me with tears in his eyes to tell me he was the one that did it, and the he had been lying.  He was a changed boy.  Not sure what part of the talk finally got through to him, but truth has been much more forth coming from him since then.

Hope this helps.  I know how hard it is to deal wtih this.  Boys do not realize how hard it is to build trust and how easy it is to lose it and build it back.  Good luck.

I did not get around the corner until he came running after me with tears in his eyes to tell me he was the one that did it, and the he had been lying.  He was a changed boy.  Not sure what part of the talk finally got through to him, but truth has been much more forth coming from him since then.

Hope this helps.  I know how hard it is to deal wtih this.  Boys do not realize how hard it is to build trust and how easy it is to lose it and build it back.  Good luck.

The sad part is… If I did that, and said that to my youngest… He would let his brother take a spanking without batting an eye. Since day one, he has always trout the world bow to him and it is OK in whatever he does. Right now he is still in his room. I went in there and told him he could come out as long as he told me the truth and tells me he is sorry for eating my candy.

I'm guessing it will be been tomorrow before he leaves his room.  I am going to have to come up with one hellva plan to get him to see the light of his mistakes. 

The worst part is, is that he gives me random hugs all day, is a great kid ( no trouble in school) and so quiet and soft spoken. The only problem he has is hibbing all the time. 

Do you know for a fact or have you seen things with your own eyes that tells you the kid is a fibber?

My older brother was the golden child when we were growing up and I got blamed for many many things I did not do. Now that we are older, my parents found that I am the honest one and he is the scum.  :whistle:

Some day you may find this kid is telling the truth. Unless of course you see things with your own eyes and don't rely on what other tell you what they want you to believe. I got my ass beat plenty of times for things I didn't do, cause somebody told on me to redirect the spotlight!  :whistle:

Lying was the one 'three licks' punishment for my boys, and #2 took a while to break of the habit.  #1 son was the exact opposite; he would tell the truth knowing there were going to be consequences for doing so.

This reminds me of a Jerry Clower story about trying to make one of his cousins aware of how bad his lying had become.  I can't find it, but the plan he had failed, so you have your work cut out for you.  Good luck.

Long story short, Jerry had a preacher make up a huge lie, telling the congregation at a church service , in which Jerry's cousin was in attendance, that a bear came crashing through the door of a church in the middle of another preacher's sermon.  There was a little dog chasing the bear and grabbed it by the leg before it could get to the preacher.  The little dog proceeded to "tear the bear up one end to the other" until the bear went running from the church.  The preacher finished telling the story and asked the congregation could they believe that little dog could do such a thing.  Jerry's cousin, Marcel I think it was, piped up and said he sure could, it was his dog.  So there's no hope for Jerry's cousin.  :P    

Do you know for a fact or have you seen things with your own eyes that tells you the kid is a fibber?
 :

I just know for a fact he is a constant fibber. I have seen some things with my own eyes, and at other times he is the only one around when something happens.
his constant reasoning is "I don't want to get into trouble". I can't tell him any more, " if you just tell me truth, you will not be in trouble".

nothing has worked that I have tried so far. My next option is to take away the stuff he loves to play with until he learns his lesson. First thing is is favorite stuffed animal he can not be parted with.

I just know for a fact he is a constant fibber. I have seen some things with my own eyes, and at other times he is the only one around when something happens.
his constant reasoning is "I don't want to get into trouble". I can't tell him any more, " if you just tell me truth, you will not be in trouble".

Your own eyes is fine but as in my case, I was the only one around when things happened and I didn't do the things they thought I did.

I would however confess half the time, the times I was guilty.  :blush:

Beans.. Just because you were the naughty one :)
both my kids sat in their rooms for the last 3 hours until they could tell me the truth on who ate my kinder eggs I was shipped special from Germany for Christmas. It took them that ling to tell me they both ate them while I was sleeping this morning.

I took away all their toys and gave them three books to read from the rest of the day.

• Heart 1

Beans.. Just because you were the naughty one :)
both my kids sat in their rooms for the last 3 hours until they could tell me the truth on who ate my kinder eggs I was shipped special from Germany for Christmas. It took them that ling to tell me they both ate them while I was sleeping this morning.

I took away all their toys and gave them three books to read from the rest of the day.

If I had punishments like that, I'd be a really big liar!  :lol: