Why is Firefox better than Safari?

SuzieQ

I use Chrome too.

That being said...Master of the Universe has a point. I'm becoming more and more wary of Google and wanting to move away from them....though I'm just so vested now I can't yet.

I use Chrome, but from most of my experience it's roughly a wash. I don't think Chrome or any other browser is significantly better. Chrome is only slightly better. 

By the way...you are referring to on a Windows computer, not Mac, right?

Flash may be a thing of the past for most sites, but some still use it.  Unless hell froze over Safari doesn't support flash.

When I work on website FireFox has a great extension called Web Developer that really lets you dig around and optimize your site.

I use Chrome mostly, I like that Google knows everything about me, I like that my extensions synchronise.

I like that my extensions synchronise.

I don't use very many extensions because 90% are written by 19 year old kids who know as much about programming as I do about floral patterns (e.g. ZERO). I don't trust the extensions to be safe and/or not have malware/spyware themselves. I only trust a few and only if from an actual company.

Anyway....not so much the extensions that syncrhornize, but the browser and other google services is very nice. I can go to a new computer, install chrome, log in that one time and all my booksmarks are synchronized to the new browser/computer. I think it even gets cookies so that if I told it to remember a password to gmail, for example, after one initial login, it will stop asking me on that new computer again too, etc...

I use Chrome too.

That being said...Master of the Universe has a point. I'm becoming more and more wary of Google and wanting to move away from them....though I'm just so vested now I can't yet.

I use Chrome, but from most of my experience it's roughly a wash. I don't think Chrome or any other browser is significantly better. Chrome is only slightly better. 

By the way...you are referring to on a Windows computer, not Mac, right?

No, I'm referring to a Mac!  I have been having computer / technical issue for days and it's making me bonkers.  So, I had to open a merchant acc for the studio, and decided to go with the same company who's software we use to sign people in and keep track of everything.  Well their receipt printer and my Macbook do no like each other.  I had to update the laptop with Maverick, thought I had everything working, NOT, ended up downloading firefox cos apparently Safari does not talk to the receipt printer..... this has been so frustrating and I've been dealing with it since Friday.  The icing on the cake was tonight when we ran a cc and the stupid printer would not stop printing the receipt, it just kept rolling out until the paper was finished, it was like something out of a comedy!

I feel like Macs and Pc's are like republicans and democrats!  Why can't we all just get on the same page  and be friends?

I'm not talking about "politics". Browsers (or any apps) that are programmed for one OS will be a completely different code base than what's used for the other OS. So you can't really compare them 'apples to apples', so to speak. It would be like comparing car wheels to airplane wheels....they may look the same and do essentially the same thing, but they are for completely different vehicles. The two are completely different and you can't really compare them to each other.

They all pretty much work and look the same at this point. Maybe a couple of years ago there was a clear winner (Firefox?). Little value offered by anything other than your original factory installed browser these days, be it IE or Safari. It's kinda like the Android/Apple phone wars. People go with Chrome or Firefox just to claim being different.... like Apple users.