NFL admits Chargers got away with penalty that could have sent Steelers to playoffs

Former member

"The NFL has admitted that refs blew a crucial call that may have knocked the Pittsburgh Steelers out of the playoffs in favor of the San Diego Chargers.

Officials failed to penalize the Chargers for an illegal formation when Kansas City Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop missed a potential game-winning field goal from 41 yards out in the dying seconds of Sunday's Week 17 regular season finale. Succop should have been awarded another field goal attempt, this time from the 36 yard line, which could've given the Chiefs the victory and the Steelers - who beat Cleveland, 20-7, earlier in the day - the AFC's second wild card."

I love when Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, but this sucks.

The NFL refs have done a shitty job this year. Hopefully they don't blow anymore calls this costly in the postseason.

I was disappointed that after all the pieces that needed to fall in place for my Steelers yesterday, that it came down to that.  As a fan I was disappointed - as an objective follower of the game, I knew that the Steelers didn't deserve a playoff berth.  Having gone 6-2 in the last half of the season, it would have been fun to see if they could do some damage, but we will never know.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!!

• Heart 1