Who's your favorite band/musical act?

kingtermite

I know for some people it's hard to choose, but what is your favorite (or your top few) bands/musical acts?

For many years I considered Heart my favorite band. I've gone through a few other bands that ranked in the tops at various points in my  life, like Journey, The Who, Motley Crue.

My favorite band now (and has been for about 10 years) is the Cowboy Junkies.

Who's yours?

My favorite of all time, which isn't really a band, but is a musical act and is part of a band when performing is Paul Simon (Simon and Garfunkel in the early years).  I'm sure KT will make some derisive remark about my age, but screw him.  Paul Simon is a great songwriter and performer whose relevancy and career has spanned at least five decades.

• Heart 1

My favorite of all time, which isn't really a band, but is a musical act and is part of a band when performing is Paul Simon and Simon and Garfunkel in the early years.  I'm sure KT will make some derisive remark about my age, but screw him.  Paul Simon is a great songwriter and performer whose relevancy and career has spanned at least five decades.

Yes, you are older than dirt, but.... I agree with your musical choice and statements 100%.   And NO - you can't screw me.

• Heart 2

I share Krazy's affection for Ben Folds. :)

Elvis Costello is always near the top for me.  Saw him and the Imposters in concert a few years ago and he was awesome. :)  His squeeze Diana Krall is no slouch either. :)

I really just have too many to list.  Grace Potter and the Nocturnals has been a fave for a few years now.  Susan Tedeschi also.  Joni Mitchell, Robert Cray Band, ....etc.