Final resting place

Square Wheels

I frequently drive by where I'll be buried: Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in south St. Louis. 

I recently did some database work for a crematorium right next to the oven. Interesting how they do it. I wouldn't mind being cremated, but I think my option might be limited to burial at the JB Cemetery. I'll check into it one of these days.

Maybe in the near future, they will figure out a way to recycle human bodies for fertilizer or even for food and they will make it appealing to end your life in a sterile and pleasant end-of-life facility.  Then we could quit wasting assets on burying people in the ground and/or using valuable energy supplies to incinerate them.   :)

• Heart 1

You know, I load 16 tons of coal everyday and what do I get?

I just get another day older and deeper in debt.

I hope St. Peter doesn't call me because I can't go.

I owe my soul to the College Loan store.

Tennessee Ernie Ford!

BTW The last line is "I owe my soul to the company store".

Google "coal mine company store" to see how evil they could be.

• Heart 1

Well, I'm supposed to go to Harvard or Yale it there is enough left of me to work with.  After they finish slicing and dicing, they cremate the remains and send the ashes back to the family.  However, I'm not sure what will happen if I outlive the rest of the family.  If that happens, then let someone else figure out what to do with me.  :dontknow:

• Awesome 1

• 8 years later...
On 12/31/2013 at 2:57 PM, Square Wheels said:

Do you want to be buried, cremated, stuffed and mounted...?

I want to be cremated.  Then, my estate managers (sister and brother), after the family-mandatory Catholic funeral mass, are to rent space on one of the party boats that runs between Baltimore and Annapolis, throw a goodbye party for family and friends, and dump my ashes in the Chesapeake Bay to provide nutrients for future crab shells.

• Heart 1

My wife's older somewhat difficult sister has told all three of her married sisters that whichever brother-in-law dies first, that is who she I going to move in with.  So I highly suspect when I die, my wife will stuff me and sit me in a chair in the living room and not tell her sister that I died.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This reminds me of the joke where the punchline is “sitting on the sofa and holding hands would be fine.”

...they are big on this sort of thing down in Mexico, with all that Dia de los Muertos celebrating.

I think you can get this done for free, if you move down and retire in Guanajuato.

guanajuato_city_glass-case-1024x768.jpg

• Haha 1