365 Grateful

SuzieQ

I’m thankful for our aide Joselyn who visits twice a week. She is like a ray of sunshine. She isn’t here very long, usually about a half hour. She washes my wife’s hair and helps me change the bedding if needed. She shows me all kind of tricks to make it easier to care for my wife.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

Interesting, looking at this thread, it looks like it took people less than a year to run out of things to be grateful for and people had to start reaching ratherly quickly.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Healthy daughter?

Healthy son?

Food to eat?

Two legs?

She's driving me insane

He's driving me insane

Haven't eaten today, don't care

My legs are trashed from years of abuse.

• Sad 1

Sadly, I was actually glad for my afternoon meeting.  A bit of normalcy to distract me from everything going on and a distraction from my overwhelming desire to hurt two millennials and one really crooked lawyer.

5 hours ago, Indy said:

Interesting, looking at this thread, it looks like it took people less than a year to run out of things to be grateful for and people had to start reaching ratherly quickly.

Simply because people aren’t posting things they are grateful for it doesn’t mean they aren’t grateful.

I am grateful every day of my life for the good things in my life. And I am grateful every day of my life for the One being with me even through the difficult things. 

• Awesome 2

I'm grateful for my State Farm Insurance agent, Patrick Cloyd, who made sure I was so well insured - better than I realized.  People are asking me how I got such a good policy and is it expensive (about $15/month more than the cheapest insurance). They're amazed at all the stuff State Farm's been doing - paying rent for a luxury apartment for up to 2 years (hopefully it will take 1 or less to rebuild but, with coronavirus, 2 years a stress-reliever), cutting me a $4,000 check the day after the fire, checking out, ok'ing, and hiring a boardup/cleanup company that appeared at the scene an hour after the fire began, agreeing on a cleanup price and paying it even though it's "non-essential" and can't begin yet, etc.

When my last car was hit while parked on Dec. 31, 2012 by a hit-and-run driver, Patrick said, "Your policy doesn't cover a rental car but that's my fault, so State Farm will pay for a car rental until you pick up your new car (2013 Honda Fit)."  My last car (1997 Ford Taurus) had a $900 blue book value and blown airbags caused it to be totaled.  But State Farm cut me a check for $2992, saying dealer markup, taxes and tags had to be considered.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm grateful for my State Farm Insurance agent, Patrick Cloyd, who made sure I was so well insured - better than I realized.  People are asking me how I got such a good policy and is it expensive (about $15/month more than the cheapest insurance). They're amazed at all the stuff State Farm's been doing - paying rent for a luxury apartment for up to 2 years (hopefully it will take 1 or less to rebuild but, with coronavirus, 2 years a stress-reliever), cutting me a $4,000 check the day after the fire, checking out, ok'ing, and hiring a boardup/cleanup company that appeared at the scene an hour after the fire began, agreeing on a cleanup price and paying it even though it's "non-essential" and can't begin yet, etc.

When my last car was hit while parked on Dec. 31, 2012 by a hit-and-run driver, Patrick said, "Your policy doesn't cover a rental car but that's my fault, so State Farm will pay for a car rental until you pick up your new car (2013 Honda Fit)."  My last car (1997 Ford Taurus) had a $900 blue book value and blown airbags caused it to be totaled.  But State Farm cut me a check for $2992, saying dealer markup, taxes and tags had to be considered.

I’ve been with State Farm for at least 25 years. And they’ve been a gem throughout. 

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The deepest it gets is 70 feet.  Out here lakes over 500' are not unusual.  It was warm enough that we would pull in and go swimming a few times on our paddle.  

It is little known and used area.  I only knew about it because someone drown there a few years ago so we were called there.  All day we saw one other canoe and two paddle boarders.  Pretty nice day

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

This is the Bow River which people are not allowed to swim. It is cold but there a strong current pull all the time by the downtown area.  Flows from Rocky Mountains..about 200 km. from us. On the odd occasion, there have been drownings.  Those people are walking on bike-ped path that goes under a road bridge. I am on the road underpass which has been temporarily blocked since Mar. from cars..to allow more cyclists, peds and scooters during covid lockdown.

Calgarians seem to love group rafting, floating downstream. Some kayakers, not as many that are in downtown VAncouver in False Creek by Burrard Bridge. The water is often blue-green ...year-round.

Bowriver.JPG

• Heart 2

46 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

No diving?  I remember something magical about not going below 100 (or 99) feet to avoid needing to decompress on the way up.  True or am I misremembering "facts" from my brief SCUBA training 40 years ago?

You are in the ball park.  It is not only the depth but the depth + time that will get you into trouble.

No diving on this trip, sometimes it is fun to be on top of the water instead of beneath it

They tend to use 100' in recreational courses and a hard "no-go" line to keep people who have limited skill sets from killing themselves

• Awesome 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2020 at 10:27 PM, Further said:

'm grateful that I more or less grew up with John Prine

I'm grateful that I came across his music maybe 20 years ago.  I am also grateful for just aboot all music.  Foxes and Fossils are my current musical fixation.  They remind me somewhat of the Live From Daryl's House sessions, just a bunch of excellent musicians really grooving together that is a delight to be able to enjoy on demand.

I am grateful for the forum and all you bastards.

Hey Wheels, I thought you thought this thread was silly!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...