365 Grateful

SuzieQ

There are quite a few folks here that seem to have various issues with their backs. Squeeze has had herniated disks in her back to the point an arm will go numb. A very close friend is in the same boat with that.

Now, I've had numerous broken bones, lots and lots of stitches, torn many a cartilidge and ligiment, two concussions plus a burst appendix.

I've never had an issue with my back.  For that, I am very very grateful.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Today I'm grateful that in the 1920s, the Canadian government allowed my grandparents and other Mennonites the opportunity to settle here, in a place where we could be tolerated and accepted as we are, with the freedom to hold to our religious faith. And I'm grateful to live in a town where I am free to be the person I must be.

As I follow the news from other parts of the world, I realize this spirit of tolerance and acceptance does not exist everywhere. What I enjoy is a special and precious gift, My response must be to extend the same level of tolerance and acceptance to those around me.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

To borrow from Destinations lead here, I am grateful for our Bill of Rights. Now, if only our jackass politico's (left or right) would just leave them alone. No one in the Senate or House are anywhere near the statesmen nor forward thinking idealists the founding fathers were.

• Heart 1

Today I'm grateful that in the 1920s, the Canadian government allowed my grandparents and other Mennonites the opportunity to settle here, in a place where we could be tolerated and accepted as we are, with the freedom to hold to our religious faith. And I'm grateful to live in a town where I am free to be the person I must be.

As I follow the news from other parts of the world, I realize this spirit of tolerance and acceptance does not exist everywhere. What I enjoy is a special and precious gift, My response must be to extend the same level of tolerance and acceptance to those around me.

Amen. Well spoken.
  • Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think mine is coming up soon.  I'm just grateful that they have good drugs for that procedure.   :)

The first one I had I had a give a darn shot and morphine.  I watched the procedure on the monitor and asked questions.  This time they put a drug in my iv and the next thing I knew they were wheeling me back to a room. Easy peasy but not as interesting. I didn't even have any groggyness.  Walked out to the car and we went to Bob Evans for lunch.  Came home and got my driveway cleared (I didn't do the work, had a neighbor with a skid loader do it.  I just moved the cars out of the way so he could get the whole thing.)

• Heart 1

This time they put a drug in my iv and the next thing I knew they were wheeling me back to a room. Easy peasy but not as interesting. I didn't even have any groggyness.  Walked out to the car and we went to Bob Evans for lunch.  Came home and got my driveway cleared (I didn't do the work, had a neighbor with a skid loader do it.  I just moved the cars out of the way so he could get the whole thing.)

If I'm not mistaken, I think they give you the same drug that Michael Jackson overdosed on.  I forget the name, but it knocks you out and there seem to be no side effects.   :)

If I'm not mistaken, I think they give you the same drug that Michael Jackson overdosed on.  I forget the name, but it knocks you out and there seem to be no side effects.   :)

The drug was called Diprivan.  She told me when she started the drip I would get very drowsy, I didn't.  I was looking at the heart rate/blood pressure monitor and I never felt it hit me. As soon as they stopped the drip I opened my eyes and pretty much felt normal.  Some drugs are amazing.

The drug was called Diprivan.  She told me when she started the drip I would get very drowsy, I didn't.  I was looking at the heart rate/blood pressure monitor and I never felt it hit me. As soon as they stopped the drip I opened my eyes and pretty much felt normal.  Some drugs are amazing.

Diprivan is another name for Propofol, the same drug that MJ took every night to go to sleep.  Unsupervised, he died from it.   :(

• Heart 2

Propofol is kind of like a miracle drug.  Doctors love it.  It puts you out but not out like a full-on general anesthesia.  Doctors can administer it to their patients in their offices whereas a general anesthesia would require going to the hospital.  Anyway, that's what my doctor told me.

That must have been what I had when I had oral surgery on the roof of my mouth. The only problem was the doctor tried to inject it in an artery instead of a vein.  We had blood squirting all over the place.  I hear that is not all that uncommon but it was the first time it happened to me. After they stopped the bleeding and cleaned everybody up he just injected it in the other arm and I took a nap. I'm grateful I got to sleep through that surgery.

I still laugh every time I think of the doctor saying everything looked good when she is looking up your butt hole. I must still be in junior high?

I sometimes wonder why doctors choose to specialize in that area of the body.  I'm glad that they do, but it certainly doesn't seem like it would be my first choice if I was a doctor.

Maybe they graduated at the bottom of their class.   :)

• Awesome 1

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Did you have doubts? 

Anxiety.

I've always liked this thread.....cause each and every day, there is something to look back at and smile, even if it is only for a moment.

Today, I had 90 mins of alone time. No Spawn or Squeeze grousing/whining/demanding/or screwing with the very little free time I have. I know this sounds selfish or narcicisstic (howeveritsspelt) but in reality, it isn't. I'm kinda burning out.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

...the woman who sold me coffee today asked me why I'm always grinning from ear to ear.  Without going into too much detail, I said " I'm so surprised I'm still alive that I can't help it."  I don't know if she believed me, but it's the god's honest truth.  I've done a lot of stupid things, and some that were just required at the time.:blush: Everything since about the mid 1990's is just a gift. :D 

• Heart 1

• 1 year later...

Today I am very thankful that this work week is almost over. I am worn thin, the padt few monrhs have been stressful as all get out.

But more than this, I am thankful that  my family will be home this weekend to celebrate Christmas with us. Will be a full house with lot's of liveliness! :):wub:

Merry Christmas all. And happy New Year.

• Heart 2

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm struggling to be grateful lately.

Be grateful for your time in Greece this year with Speed Demon and your new camera. I remember the picture you shared of the two of you looking at each other. That had to have been something to be grateful for.

Try to take each day with an attitude of gratitude.

• Heart 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...