Dinner tonight

SuzieQ

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Trust me, it is worse than most vegetables.

I'll take note of that. Is broccoli raab one of those veggies that kinda get stuck half way down the esophagus and ya end up flopping around like a fish or a pro basketball player trying to clear it out?

25 minutes ago, Pokey said:

I'll take note of that. Is broccoli raab one of those veggies that kinda get stuck half way down the esophagus and ya end up flopping around like a fish or a pro basketball player trying to clear it out?

Well, it tastes like poor man's broccoli crossed with ass crossed with skunk excrement.  I don't really see a compelling reason for its existence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapini (commonly marketed in the United States as broccoli raab or rabe /rɑːb/) is a green cruciferous vegetable. The edible parts are the leaves, buds, and stems. The buds somewhat resemble broccoli, but do not form a large head. Rapini is known for its slightly bitter taste and is particularly associated with Italian,Galician, and Portuguese cuisines. 

Description[edit]

The young leaves of these plants as used in cooking are either the same as or the South European equivalent of turnip tops or turnip greens.

Rapini has many spiked leaves that surround clusters of green buds that resemble small heads of broccoli. Small, edible yellow flowers may be blooming among the buds. The flavor of rapini has been described as nutty, bitter, and pungent. Rapini is a source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium, calcium, and iron.[2]

• 8 months later...