Public masturbation declared legal...

Randomguy

Public Masturbation Declared Legal in Sweden After Landmark Trial
ku-bigpic.jpg

Sweden is now "okay" with public masturbation. On June 6, a 65-year-old man took off his shorts at a beach near Stockholm and began masturbating into the ocean. The man was charged with sexual assault, but was acquitted last week after a judge ruled he was not targeting a specific person.

Even though the Södertörn District Court's judgment stated it “may be proven that the man exposed himself and masturbated on this occasion,” the court decided the man had not committed a crime, a decision the public prosecutor agreed with, though he said in the future public masturbation might be considered disorderly conduct.

"For this to be a criminal offence it's required that the sexual molestation was directed towards one or more people," Olof Vrethammar said. "I think the court's judgement is reasonable. With that we can conclude that it is okay to masturbate on the beach."

can't convict him of assault if there is no intended target.  lewd behavior in public, indecency and whatever else they could charge you with if you were busted for when exposing yourself in public....sure.

totally not assault w/o a target.  good call by the court.

Public Masturbation Declared Legal in Sweden After Landmark Trial

ku-bigpic.jpg

Sweden is now "okay" with public masturbation. On June 6, a 65-year-old man took off his shorts at a beach near Stockholm and began masturbating into the ocean. The man was charged with sexual assault, but was acquitted last week after a judge ruled he was not targeting a specific person.

Even though the Södertörn District Court's judgment stated it “may be proven that the man exposed himself and masturbated on this occasion,” the court decided the man had not committed a crime, a decision the public prosecutor agreed with, though he said in the future public masturbation might be considered disorderly conduct.

"For this to be a criminal offence it's required that the sexual molestation was directed towards one or more people," Olof Vrethammar said. "I think the court's judgement is reasonable. With that we can conclude that it is okay to masturbate on the beach."

Brings new meaning to the phrase, 'well, fuck me'.

• 2 years later...

Masturbating in public is not illegal, Italy's highest court rules

•  
  •  
  •  
The incident took place at the University of Catania The incident took place at the University of Catania CREDIT: ALAMY
8 SEPTEMBER 2016 • 7:14AM

Masturbating in public should not be considered an illegal act,Italy’s Supreme Court has ruled, in a case involving a 69-year-old man who was caught exhibiting himself in front of female students.

The man, identified only as Pietro L, was caught holding his penis in a public place outside the University of Catania in Sicily. 

Charged with indecency, he was put on trial. He told the court that he only engaged in the practice “occasionally”, insisting that it would have been hard to see him because the incident had happened around dusk and there was “reduced visibility”.

Catania University at night Catania University at night CREDIT: ALAMY

Accused of “taking out his member” and engaging in “auto-eroticism”, he was found guilty of indecent behaviour and sentenced to three months in jail and a fine of €3,420. That sentence was upheld by the Court of Appeal in Catania.

But his lawyers took the case to a final appeal in front of the Supreme Court in Rome, which over-turned the conviction, citing a law introduced last year which decriminalised the offence of masturbating in public in front of women. “The act is no longer regarded as a crime by the law,” the Supreme Court ruled.

I got to bullshittin with a park policeman the other day. They patrol the county parks and the larger malls, for some reason. 

He told me that public masturbey...jerkin off is more common than you might think. Mostly older guys, 50's & 60's. I thought we were getting along famously, but he gave me a kind of hard look as we discussed this.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Further said:

I got to bullshittin with a park policeman the other day. They patrol the county parks and the larger malls, for some reason. 

He told me that public masturbey...jerkin off is more common than you might think. Mostly older guys, 50's & 60's. I thought we were getting along famously, but he gave me a kind of hard look as we discussed this.

Did you have your hands in your pockets while talking about this?

• Heart 2