My Sandwhich Beats the Crap out of Your Sandwhich...

Nate

I got natural peanut butter, Nutella, and blackberry preserves (fresh from a jar my Aunt Mary made) on a homebaked whole wheat bread, sliced by hand with a knife and made with th eNutella on one side and the peanut butter on the other with the blackberry preserves all in between them

so whatcha got over there?

my sandwhich is better than your sandwhich even if you put bacon on that raggedy old thing you're eatin!

I got natural peanut butter, Nutella, and blackberry preserves (fresh from a jar my Aunt Mary made) on a homebaked whole wheat bread, sliced by hand with a knife and made with th eNutella on one side and the peanut butter on the other with the blackberry preserves all in between them

so whatcha got over there?

my sandwhich is better than your sandwhich even if you put bacon on that raggedy old thing you're eatin!

I am having exactly the same, except I added crushed walnuts, too, then I added thin slices of fresh strawberries, then a scoop of artisanl ice cream, then deep-fried it and put it under fried bananas, whipped cream, and hot fudge..

• Heart 1

Nutella is  :12:

PB&J is always supposed to be on white bread just like Mom used to make.

Enjoy your sammy.  I got better coming in about 5 minutes.  Sliced BBQ turkey and sliced ham from the deli. with a slice of lettuce and tomato with mayo on potato(e) bread with a dill pickle on the side.

except I added crushed walnuts

hey, no joking around, I make a sandwhich with Nutella, crushed walnuts, philly cream cheese and the blackberry preserves on homebaked whole wheat. I call it "the Black Forest"

try it sometimes, its a great sandwhich AND you can ride shortly after eating one

Sliced BBQ turkey and sliced ham from the deli. with a slice of lettuce and tomato with mayo on potato(e) bread

you got to be kidding me. I got you beat on the bread alone!  this bread is the staff of life over here. you eat this stuff and you can feel your blood get stronger while you're still chewing!

hey, no joking around, I make a sandwhich with Nutella, crushed walnuts, philly cream cheese and the blackberry preserves on homebaked whole wheat. I call it "the Black Forest"

try it sometimes, its a great sandwhich AND you can ride shortly after eating one

I believe you!  When I used to make sandwiches, I would use the best ww bread, natural peanut butter (to which I would add a little sea salt, just a pinch), fresh raspberry preserves. either blueberries or slice strawberrries, crushed walnuts and raw oatmeal.  That was often my 2-hours before the ride meal, with a big glass of milk, I loved that!

Black rice and red beans with homemade salsa (made with veggies from my very own garden), and a chopped avocado.

first of all, I know damn well that tomatoes, peppers and cilantro don't all come in together. I'm amazed we ever invented salsa before there were grocery stores, but that's at least trying to do something for yourself so I'm not going to beat that drum too hard

all things around, you got a healthy lunch going on, but now I have to ask you, in all seriousness,...are you really going to stand there and tell me that some tired old beans and rice is better than Nutella and fresh blackberry preseves made by your great aunt, at harvest time, in a place like Pennsylvania?

I'll give you that your lunch sounds pretty good, too, but let's not get carried away...I'm talking Nutella with fresh preserves on homebaked bread over here. That's some serious action

you got to be kidding me. I got you beat on the bread alone!  this bread is the staff of life over here. you eat this stuff and you can feel your blood get stronger while you're still chewing!

I got no issue with WW bread and homemade even better - just not for PB&J.   Mom never made them that way.

first of all, I know damn well that tomatoes, peppers and cilantro don't all come in together. I'm amazed we ever invented salsa before there were grocery stores, but that's at least trying to do something for yourself so I'm not going to beat that drum too hard

all things around, you got a healthy lunch going on, but now I have to ask you, in all seriousness,...are you really going to stand there and tell me that some tired old beans and rice is better than Nutella and fresh blackberry preseves made by your great aunt, at harvest time, in a place like Pennsylvania?

I'll give you that your lunch sounds pretty good, too, but let's not get carried away...I'm talking Nutella with fresh preserves on homebaked bread over here. That's some serious action

True.  I bought the cilantro, avocado and lime. However, 90% + was homegrown.  It was my peppers, tomatoes, garlic and onions.

Oh and nutella sucks.  It tastes like chemicals and trash.  Do yourself a favor and try some of this for hazelnut spread (or better yet, make your own):

http://harrisburgstore.com/products/rigoni-di-asiago-nocciolata-organic-hazelnut-spread-cocoa-and-milk-9-52-ounce-1-jar?gclid=COL-2tb45rkCFeV0QgodzA4A8w

Oh and nutella sucks. It tastes like chemicals and trash

you hippies are so damn fickel.  It was you and AZ pete that talked me into trying this stuff in the first place years ago, DH!

but hey,...you know that link you put to the other stuff? That store is physically right here in my neck of the woods about 20 miles or so. that address on Front street is right across the river from my cousin's place

I'll be checking that out when I get up to town again

• Heart 1

coconut flour, brown rice fhour, oat float, amaranth flour, and almond flour

I can still kick your ass...there are lots of small mills around here, even to this day. I go out to a country store, run by Mennonites (bring cash money, its hard to run a credit card when they ain't got electricty) and get fresh ground flours of all kinds.

you want to make some really nice bread?

use some high gluten pretzel flour mixed with your hard bread flour and whole wheat flour

I get wheat germ, wheat bran, ground flax seeds, all sort of stuff.

but I do give you credit because we seem to be doing the same thing

I just can't eat store bought bread. Tastes like an empty wasp nest to me

you hippies are so damn fickel.  It was you and AZ pete that talked me into trying this stuff in the first place years ago, DH!

but hey,...you know that link you put to the other stuff? That store is physically right here in my neck of the woods about 20 miles or so. that address on Front street is right across the river from my cousin's place

I'll be checking that out when I get up to town again

How funny that I linked to that area.  I just grabbed a cheaper link to that brand.  I have bought that stuff out here, and it is very good.  No chemical taste.

And yes, we do change our minds.  I found the good stuff, and stopped eating Nutella.  Now, Nutella tastes terrible to me. 

And making homemade Nutella is not that hard.  Homemade is always better.

I can still kick your ass...there are lots of small mills around here, even to this day. I go out to a country store, run by Mennonites (bring cash money, its hard to run a credit card when they ain't got electricty) and get fresh ground flours of all kinds.

you want to make some really nice bread?

use some high gluten pretzel flour mixed with your hard bread flour and whole wheat flour

I get wheat germ, wheat bran, ground flax seeds, all sort of stuff.

but I do give you credit because we seem to be doing the same thing

I just can't eat store bought bread. Tastes like an empty wasp nest to me

I have an Omega juicer that can grind stuff into flour. 

I have never seen pretzel flour.  I usually add extra vital wheat gluten to my bread, bagel and pretzel recipes.  Wheat berries are neato.  Rancidity is avoided if you grind closer to the time you bake.  

Seriously, I need to quit my job and just do homemaking.  It's much more fun than office work.

• 7 years later...