Andrea Andi Rutherford of Pans People

AirwickWithCheese

8 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Pretty sure that's her front left for most of this video because of the year.  I think it's easy to confuse her with Babs because they're shimmying so fast. :whistle:

You are awesome Cheese!   If the date is right, that was day one of the best musical decade! 

• Heart 1

Dear Louise Claire Finch nee Mendes da Costa,

I included your full name as you shared it so hopefully you will find my humble little thread to pay my respects to your Mother. 

I am so sorry for your loss. Andrea was gorgeous and makes me smile every time I see her dancing caught in time. 

Please join the forum when you read this and share all you care to discuss about this lovely lady. 

Faithfully Yours, 

Cheese

Greenville,  South Carolina USA

• Heart 2

Loiuse,

I hope it's ok, but I'd like to quote one of your replies on the forum linked above because you share some very beautiful things about your Mom. For the record,  when I started my search of the young lady in the Sugar Sugar video my dream was to find her, put on my blue blazer and tie like that very lucky guy, and ask her for a dance.   :)

Your quote, "Hello this is Louise, Andrea's daughter. I just wanted to fill some gaps in on my mum for anyone interested. As you all probably know mum did a bit of dancing for a while after she had me with her group sister matic but once that ended she was at home looking after me. We moved to Barnet when I was 5 so mum would have been 31 and there we statyed until I was 9. Then in 1982 my mum and dad and I emigrated to Sydney Australia. My mums older sister Lorraine had settled there with her husband. A year into Australia my mum and dad separated and later divorced and my dad returned to England, I stayed in Australia with mum and visited dad for three months of each year. Mum got a job in an accounting firm but she taught modern dance to adults in the evenings. My mums sister and her husband set up s restaurant and after much badgering they persuaded my mum to manage the restaurant for them. Mum worked incredibly hard and I guess it was there her love of food began. Mum worked there for years and when I was fifteen I returned to England to get an education with the intent of returning to mum after but that never happened. My mum went on to manage another restaurant and around this time she met someone who she had a thirteen year relationship with. He was Italian by birth but came from Argentina and after a time he persuaded mum to emigrate to Argentina. Mum did and whilst they were there they had their own restaurant but Argentina was a very corrupt place so they were never going to be successful. Sadly it was during this time that mum had to sell off a lot of her pans people costumes just to pay for protection . It was an awful time, they managed to get back to Australia with nothing and mum again worked incredibly hard (2 jobs) to get by. Eventually mum and her partner set up their own Italian restaurant which could have been a success if it wasn't for her partner. Mum lost the restaurant and ended up working with food at Sydney international airport where she won numerous awards. Her relationship slowly broke down and in late 2003 she returned to England to be with me. Mum got a job as catering manager of a respected secondary school where she transformed school dinners into restaurant standard food . Since mum returned to England she saw me get married and became a grandma. These late years here and pans people days where ther happiest of her life. Mum was an amazing, beautiful, clever, kind and wonderful woman and the best grandma ever. I am missing her terribly , Louise."

Edited by Square Wheels
Fixed horrible formatting
  • Heart 3

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes she was and like flowers, even the most perfect blossoms pass.  Enjoy them while they are here. 

The ancient Greeks believed that the gods envied humanity. Because human life is short they believed that we enjoyed the beauty and passion of life more rapturously than they could. 

To everything there is a season. I've always admonished those within my sphere to enjoy each season for what it has to offer. Don't wish away segments of your life. It passes quickly.

And Wibur, the beauty of the feminine is etched permanently in my heart. Women are truly spectacular.

Peace

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The ancient Greeks believed that the gods envied humanity. Because human life is short they believed that we enjoyed the beauty and passion of life more rapturously than they could. 

To everything there is a season. I've always admonished those within my sphere to enjoy each season for what it has to offer. Don't wish away segments of your life. It passes quickly.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow this..

Just now, Zealot said:

Was simply responding to Wilbur's comment.

AWWC, Andi was truly spectacular. 

;)

:nod head:

Louise wrote that Andi sold some of the outfits while in Argentina.  If the orange Go Go outfit in "Want you Back" above is still available,  I say, name your price.  :wub:

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

He's a pilot, 30 years of marriage,  2 beautiful daughters he will never let me see, 3 fake dogs, and King of this forum.  I think he is living it.  :nod head:

Yep.  Except for the part about being King of this forum.  That's not something to be proud of.   :(

• Heart 2

I have always been one to stop and smell the flowers and appreciate every minute I have here.  I often think at the change of seasons that "if I am lucky enough to live to my fathers age, I will only see this 27 more times".  It is a sad countdown but it keeps me appreciative of what we have.  

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I have always been one to stop and smell the flowers and appreciate every minute I have here.  I often think at the change of seasons that "if I am lucky enough to live to my fathers age, I will only see this 27 more times".  It is a sad countdown but it keeps me appreciative of what we have.  

Speaking of, have you went to visit our farm pig yet this spring?   Go Wilbur,  go. 

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am trying to not count down any longer, but to think, "I am blessed in this moment. I have this day."

If tomorrow I do not wake, I have lived. And I have loved passionately. And I am truly thankful.

Today. Today the sun rose...

• Heart 1

• 3 months later...