Can the page length be altered?

Road Runner

Sometimes people are posting at such a pace that perfectly good threads get shuffled off to page 2 and are forgotten.  Currently, a page is 25 threads.  Could it be increased?  Most people (myself at least) never look at page 2 threads while page 1 might be cluttered with just a bunch of silly parodies.  I think 35 or 40 would be a better page length.  Is it possible to change it? 

Okay, I think we are talking about two different things.  You are talking about posts in a thread.  I was talking about threads per forum page.

When the forum is really hopping, threads are shuffled off to page 2 before some people even get a chance to see them. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Burr said:

Okay, I think we are talking about two different things.  You are talking about posts in a thread.  I was talking about threads per forum page.

Ahh, I did see something I could install to allow me to change that, but this software is pretty complicated and I don't think it would be safe.  I prefer as few errors as possible.  Sorry, we're stuck with 25 until the vendor makes it a stock option to be able to change it.

4 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Please draw SW a pic.  

Thank you 

That often helps, thank you for your consideration of my feeble mind.

• Heart 1

Okay, thanks for looking into it anyway.  Is it okay to bump threads that get pushed off of page one prematurely due to people starting lots of new threads during high activity times?  I don't remember if there is a rule here about bumping; some forums don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Tim Burr said:

Hopefully, people won't abuse it. 

OK, it's installed.  I set it to only allow each person to be able to bump 10 times a day.

3 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Shove it you needy bastard.  

I apologize,  I'm on my way to get an orange Fanta 

Get a Dr. Pepper, that is the best of course.

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

SW, I think maybe you shouldn't mention the "bump" feature right away.  It might be interesting to see how long it takes people to realize that it's there.   :)  

I don't plan to ever mention it.  That what people get for only hanging out in the Cafe.

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I don't see it on my smartphone.  I had hoped to abuse it immediately. :(

Works for me, get a new phone.

Screenshot_2016-05-13-15-21-01.png

4 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

The bump option is not there for me. Mine is listed as Moderator Option under reply. 

I need this corrected immediately 

You were correct, I have fixed this for you.  I apologize for yet another shortcoming.  As a penance I will not mention Mt. Washington for at least 12 minutes.

• Heart 1