-41 windchill

petitepedal

I hated my commute home tonight when it hit 39F, and there was a bit of a breeze.

Thankfully it will hit 72 tomorrow afternoon(and for the next 10 days).

39F is still short and t-shirt weather around here!

right now it is -38F and F'cold outside. I just had out two dogs out to go potty before heading to bed.

The house was making some weird creaking noises last night.

I heard the same type of things with our house.

I just took the trash out or pickup (if they come today) and found it to be non short weather. I think I will go change into something warmer for today.

right now it is -13F windchill said to be at -41F, and windspeed at 34mph

I just took the kids outside and showed them if you throw boiling water into the air when it is this cold, it freezes instantly. I also gave them bubbles to try and blow. the bubbles become frozen and when they hit the ground, they should like glass shattering. 

I just took the kids outside and showed them if you throw boiling water into the air when it is this cold, it freezes instantly. I also gave them bubbles to try and blow. the bubbles become frozen and when they hit the ground, they should like glass shattering. 

That would be cool. I've never been in weather that cold.  The coldest temps I've ever seen are probably in the 20s or maybe teens (Fahrenheit).

-8 in the ATL back in 1983...I remember it cause my school closed for the day since they couldn't get the building much warmer than 35 degrees.

Wow!

I have a vague memory of it getting into the teens in FL when I was in high school. The memory is so vague though, I'm not sure if I trust it. Other than that, it was in the 20s for a week here in WA a few years ago. I rode in during that week.

I remember climbing a mountain in Alaska in January to go snowboarding. At around 8,000 ft. I stopped and spit. The spit froze before it hit the ground and bounced down the mountain and out of sight

I clipped into my board right there and dropped off strait in the direction of the truck and got the hell off that mountain

• Heart 1

Before the 1980 Olympics in lake Placid I was working construction. We were working on the 90 meter ski jump. One morning it was about -25 outside. We spent a few hours taking cups of water and throwing the water into the air to see it freeze before hitting the ground.

the very first time I ever went to Alaska, I went up to Fairbanks with a friend from college. It was 50 below

The fellas took a pot of hot coffee and, since I was from Texas, they said "hey Nate, watch THIS!"

They threw open the front door and tossed the pot of hot coffee into the air

when it hit the air it sort of exploded with a "Whuuuuuump!"  and the coffee turned into a fine dust and settled out of the air

still one of the damndest things I ever saw

the very first time I ever went to Alaska, I went up to Fairbanks with a friend from college. It was 50 below

The fellas took a pot of hot coffee and, since I was from Texas, they said "hey Nate, watch THIS!"

They threw open the front door and tossed the pot of hot coffee into the air

when it hit the air it sort of exploded with a "Whuuuuuump!"  and the coffee turned into a fine dust and settled out of the air

still one of the damndest things I ever saw

LOL.. I just got done playing with hot water outside.. :) and bubbles They freeze before hitting the ground and shatering.