Edit bug and dreaded email notification

Dottleshead

Small issue here.  

1)  When I edit a post, I get redirected to a input form where I'm allowed to edit my post.  I do so and -- behold -- the button to 'Save' it actually mislabeled as 'Edit'.  

A wee bit bigger issue (because I'm so anal but annoying nevertheless):

2) When i get an private message, I get an email and a notification.  Why do I get a notification message?  The red number above my mail messages is sufficient.  Even if I read the message, the damn notification bell icon still remains illuminated indicating I have a message even though I just read it.  What this means, is I now have to click on the bell  icon to clear the notifications message.  Please eliminate this 2 step process and just remove the notification message -- or turn it off when the corresponding message is read.  The message notification on the envelope icon is enough.

Rant over.

I'm disagreeing with your resolution on point 2).  I either turn everything off or everything on.  I like notifications.  I like them immediately when there are posts involved.  I think they're a waste and poor UX on emails.  I've brought this point up before and you basically provided the same answer.  Meh.  I tried.

You send me an message.  Both my "Notification" icon bell lights up with a red message number as does my "Mail" icon button.  I click the mail icon and read the message and then exit out of it.  But the notification message still tells me I have a message.  I have to go into Notifications just so it will turn off.  Why I'm getting notified that I have message when the icon right next to it tells me I have mail is redundant and silly. I don't need to be notified I have a message when the message box informs me.  But that'd be OK if it turned off when I read the message.  But it doesn't.  Now it's just annoying.  The only way to clear it is for me to go into Notifications.  Ugh.