What is the story of your user name?

Randomguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I think a corny slogan from 80 years ago, in giant neon letters on the side of a bridge, is cool.  I don't live in Trenton but only a couple miles from the city limits.  I like the area and am hopeful for Trenton's resurgence, though it's a one-step-forward, two (or five)-steps-back kind of thing.

My real name is Brian.

p1622726804-3.jpg

• Heart 1

I think a corny slogan from 80 years ago, in giant neon letters on the side of a bridge, is cool.  I don't live in Trenton but only a couple miles from the city limits.  I like the area and am hopeful for Trenton's resurgence, though it's a one-step-forward, two (or five)-steps-back kind of thing.

My real name is Brian.

p1622726804-3.jpg

I used to fly into TTN about 5 times a week at one point.  Never saw that sign :(  Maybe because we were told by locals that if you were headed to town, you better be packin". :) 

I used to fly into TTN about 5 times a week at one point.  Never saw that sign :(  Maybe because we were told by locals that if you were headed to town, you better be packin". :) 

"TTN" isn't actually in Trenton either - it's in neighboring Ewing Township to the NW (just like us).  After years of minimal activity, TTN is now bustling with Frontier flights all over the place - the County built a lot more parking which you now have to pay for.

The sign is at the Trenton riverfront, on Business Route 1 just upstream from the Amtrak Northeast Corridor bridge.

"TTN" isn't actually in Trenton either - it's in neighboring Ewing Township to the NW (just like us).  After years of minimal activity, TTN is now bustling with Frontier flights all over the place - the County built a lot more parking which you now have to pay for.

The sign is at the Trenton riverfront, on Business Route 1 just upstream from the Amtrak Northeast Corridor bridge.

I used to stay at the Marriott Downtown Trenton.  Close?

I used to stay at the Marriott Downtown Trenton.  Close?

Yes, the Marriott (which is now something else) is about half a mile from the TM Bridge.  

Now there are a handful of hotels real close to the airport, right off I-95 - which possibly contributed to the downtown Marriott closing.

Yes, the Marriott (which is now something else) is about half a mile from the TM Bridge.  

Now there are a handful of hotels real close to the airport, right off I-95 - which possibly contributed to the downtown Marriott closing.

Wow, things have changed since I was there 4 years ago.

Wow, things have changed since I was there 4 years ago.

Some things haven't.  There are plenty of areas of the city that I avoid.  But the downtown, and areas along the river are OK.  I bicycle through once in a while, though in doing so I definitely feel a heightened sense of awareness.  We like the state museum and planetarium, and the War Memorial Theater is a really nice place to see a show.

Both our kids were born at the hospital there.  People there suggested to us that we just use the main road to get in and out, and don't go into the neighborhood to the north.  OK then!  That hospital has also closed, relocated to a site next to 95.  Whaddya know - right near the airport.

• Heart 1

• 5 months later...