What is the story of your user name?

Randomguy

On May 23rd, 1917 a boy was born in the backwoods of northwesterrn Ontario.

His parents named him Nicholas, but he preferred to be called Nick.

On November 24, 1972, one of his four daughters named her firstborn son after him.

End of story.

• Heart 1

On May 23rd, 1917 a boy was born in the backwoods of northwesterrn Ontario.

His parents named him Nicholas, but he preferred to be called Nick.

On November 24, 1972, one of his four daughters named her firstborn son after him.

End of story.

Hey Nick, haven't seen you in awhile.  How's things going?

Hey Nick, haven't seen you in awhile.  How's things going?

Hey Indy.

Pretty good. Start a new job on Monday. Slightly less pay to start but more than made up for in benefits and reduced time behind the wheel.

Hoping the *!*^&$%(&^ deer start coming out of the fields. Been out almost every day since opener and have only seen 6. Gotta get that freezer filled before the snow falls!

Kaiden's doing well. Still no speech but his muscle coordination is improving day by day.
Spent a lot of time at the cabin this summer. Gobs of work needed doing but somehow managed to squeeze in a bunch of fishing in parts of Rainy Lake I've either never been or haven't been for a very long time.

Word's getting around about the cookbook my missus wrote a while back. Not jumping off the shelves as such but selling steadily.

What's new by you?

Hey Indy.

Pretty good. Start a new job on Monday. Slightly less pay to start but more than made up for in benefits and reduced time behind the wheel.

Hoping the *!*^&$%(&^ deer start coming out of the fields. Been out almost every day since opener and have only seen 6. Gotta get that freezer filled before the snow falls!

Kaiden's doing well. Still no speech but his muscle coordination is improving day by day.
Spent a lot of time at the cabin this summer. Gobs of work needed doing but somehow managed to squeeze in a bunch of fishing in parts of Rainy Lake I've either never been or haven't been for a very long time.

Word's getting around about the cookbook my missus wrote a while back. Not jumping off the shelves as such but selling steadily.

What's new by you?

Good to hear, less driving = more free time.  That's always a good thing.

Just staying busy with the kid and taking care of the mother-in-laws place.

Good to hear your son is doing well.

Great to see you Nick!!  Glad life is treating you well.  I hope they are using some kind of PECS system with Kaiden to give him a communication tool.  Sounds like he is working really hard on things!

Hey Aire!

PECS doesn't sound familiar. Anne and I are scraping up the cash to invest in either a LAMP device or an iPad with the app. The iPad option is less expensive but we don't know if it's up to snuff compared to the actual LAMP device.

Inch by inch we're learning his language. His is one of doing, not saying. For instance, if he wants me to stand up and come with him first he'll push down on my knee. Once I stand up, he'll walk behind me and push one of my legs in the direction he wants me to go. It takes time to decipher what he means with a specific action but once we get the idea he's very consistent in his actions.

• Heart 1

My username references the lead singer of the band Tool, Maynard James Keenan.  In one particular song, he does a bit of a monologue where he is playing a character called Reverend Maynard.

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.

• Heart 1

A few years ago I had achillies reconstructive surgery in January and just as was about recovered and rehabed I fractured my hip in a bike accident in September. Ended up with a hip replacement. That was around the time I joined the forum so that's how I was feeling at the time.

Mr. Beanz is actually Mr. Beans. My father started calling me Mr. Beanz when I was about a year old. Name has stuck and many of my family members still call me by Mr. Beans. I dunno, maybe I looked like a little beaner when I was young.  :D

I had to change the z to an s when I signed on forums back in 2002 because Beans & Mr. Beans, were taken. :blush:

• Heart 1

Mr. Beanz is actually Mr. Beans. My father started calling me Mr. Beanz when I was about a year old. Name has stuck and many of my family members still call me by Mr. Beans. I dunno, maybe I looked like a little beaner when I was young.  :D

I had to change the z to an s when I signed on forums back in 2002 because Beans & Mr. Beans, were taken. :blush:

I think you and I have been on the forum for roughly the same amount of time.  I always think I started in 2001, but my memory plays tricks some times.

I don't know... Yes I do... Maybe you know? Maybe they know, maybe we all know and no one wants to tell me, but then again maybe you just don't want to tell me, but then again I think you already did... Potatoes!!!

• Heart 1

Back in my car club days I owned a VW that was called "The Ugly Bugger". People were known more by their cars than anything else. Someone would say something like, "You know Bob, the guy with the Ugly Bugger."

That got shortened to "Uglybugger Bob" and eventully UglyBob.

• Heart 1