What is the story of your user name?

Randomguy

I live in Kalamazoo..... the airlines like to call it AZO, which I have no idea why but that has nothing to do with my name.  The generally accepted abbreviation for Kalamazoo is K'zoo........ but that was mush too long for me to type so I shortened it to Kzoo

I used to own a black Dodge van, no windows except for the windshield and the 2 front doors (and those were tinted very dark black). Very loud 360 V8. Went to a friends house and he said "Dude you look like a creep in that van." I thought it was funny. So the next day I went to DMV and got CREEP for a licence plate. A few years later I joined a motorcycle gang. One of the guys there said because I was former NAVY that I should change my nickname to CaptainCreep. I have had this nickname for 25 years now.. I don't own the Dodge van anymore. Nor the CREEP licence plate. Nor am I in the motorcycle gang anymore. The name has stayed.

• Heart 1

A number of years ago, my wife and I were out to supper and after looking at a painting I said "That doesn't look too hard, I should try that."  A few months later a painting kit was under the Christmas tree.  I started looking at online forums for painting and used zephyr for the name as the only brush I had ever used was a 'zephyr brush'.  Sorta became my thing. 

• Awesome 1

Tizeye = It is I

A holdover from the pseudo-anonymous email and bulletin board days, with an alternate, ibhim, or I be him.

Got away from it when I went into business and needed something professional sounding, but this is a fallback. Luckily, my son told me about this upstart called Google. Unfortunately, he didn't tell me to buy their stock, but told me to sign up for an email with my name before it was taken. Several years later had forgotten all about it, but needing a better email name, there it was.

21 years ago I was watching Juli Furtado dominate the women's XC MTB racing scene. I used to enjoy watching the XC races on ESPN. Back then the cameras would often pick up the riders' heavy breathing on climbs. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine, he referred to Juli's heavy breathing as "freight training", and since I have always had loud breathing while climbing I used that phrase to refer to my own climbing.

I am working on controlling it better, so while it is slower now, it is still loud. My climbing has improved quite a bit as a result though. I get stacks of PRs on every ride, according to Strava.

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tizeye = It is I

A holdover from the pseudo-anonymous email and bulletin board days, with an alternate, ibhim, or I be him.

Got away from it when I went into business and needed something professional sounding, but this is a fallback. Luckily, my son told me about this upstart called Google. Unfortunately, he didn't tell me to buy their stock, but told me to sign up for an email with my name before it was taken. Several years later had forgotten all about it, but needing a better email name, there it was.

Remember Hoomi? :)

• 1 month later...

I'm not reading 7 pages worth of replies. :D

I am wolfie, short for wolfpack.  My alma mater.  NCSU.  North Carolina State University.  Go Pack!! :)

That's all. :)

Thanks!  That is one I always wondered aboot, having no interest whatsoever in futball.

And your sig line inspired my new one. :)

Oh, and RR, you can suck it. :)bootyshake.gif

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A long time ago, a man and a woman bumped uglies in a small cabin located on an island in Ontario...but I digress.

Screen name is my given name. Creative, eh?

I think that if you try hard, you could change it to something even less creative.  You should try!