What is the story of your user name?

Randomguy

I was doing websites for several non=profit organizations.  Digital cameras were just getting started.  I got one of the very early ones.  The first few years they changed so fast that I was upgrading about every year.  That has changed a lot since that time.  I have had my 3 D750s for 4 years or more. 

• Heart 1

• 1 year later...

MickinMD is pretty self-explanatory, but it actually started on the 2-week China tour I took in 2001.

I took with me a tee shirt with "Lighthouses of Maryland" on the front and wore it a couple days.

Amazingly, 180° across the world from home, Chinese people would stop me, point at the shirt, and say things like, "Crabs!" (or "Clabs!") and, "My father is a ship's captain and goes to Baltimore!"

Since then, I decided to use MickinMD as a screen name. I get the same sort of comments I got in China from online chess opponents from Cairo, Egypt; Marseilles, France; etc. and there and at other sites I think it puts online people more at ease to know something about me without me giving away any information I shouldn't.