Why is it that people are so offended by the sight of the human body?

Road Runner

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

There are people fighting to prevent women from breastfeeding in public.  How disgusting to see a baby on a breast.   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

I can go out to my barn yard and see a calf nursing.  Is that disgusting too?

The rolling eye emoticon is supposed to depict sarcasm.  

3 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

And I deserve another @Airehead hug for my beautiful reply. 

Some hugs are permitted in Greenville,  not all. I'd be willing to drive to Asheville for an Airehead hug.  

So, I'm not good enough to hug in Greenville--- hmmpffhh.

Bodies are a tool for living.  Are you ashamed of your saw or skillet or computer?  People have it all wrong.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Speaking of Coney Island, I really wanted to visit. I asked RG but he moved to Weedville.  It would almost be worth seeing all those naked bodies to get an authentic Coney dog, ride the ferris wheel, and get a large chocolate twisty soft ice cream.  :slow-dance-smiley:

0005photo.jpg

...this is what it looked like when I was a kid.  You need to also eat a potato knish if you want the whole megillah.

april_589.jpg

• Heart 1

No, I was saying I could get a nice community acceptable nice hug here in Greenville but I'd be willing to even drive all the way to Asheville for a slightly inappropriately long hug from my Aire. :)

And surely you can't be siding with all the insane anything goes weasels on this forum. :(

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You can't pretend not to understand my meaning. 

I wasn't pretending, you ignorant bastard.  My time is much too valuable to be going off in googleland looking for that creep and trying to figure out his connection to this thread.  :angry:

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

This thread was not intended to be a discussion of sexuality.  It was supposed to be about people being brainwashed to be ashamed of their bodies and how society continues to impose strict rules about what parts of the natural human body should be visible and what ones should not.   

Well, some of those parts are associated with sexuality.  However, that raises the question, should we be ashamed of sexuality?  I think we were kinda created with it in mind at all.  I mean, not 24-7 maybe, but if we weren't created that way, penises and vaginas wouldn't exist and we'd be set up to reproduce asexually like plants.

4 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Speaking of Coney Island, I really wanted to visit. I asked RG but he moved to Weedville.  It would almost be worth seeing all those naked bodies to get an authentic Coney dog, ride the ferris wheel, and get a large chocolate twisty soft ice cream.  :slow-dance-smiley:

I will be in NYC in late October/early November for sure.  All of Brooklyn closes down then, though, even Coney Island.  All the subways stop near the Brooklyn Bridge, and you have to walk over it if you want to venture into Brooklyn.  They also converted Manhattan into a futuristic maximum security prison right before I left, too, but there is still a way to get to the bridge if you have things to trade.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I'm hoping all you new age bozos stop drinking Diet Dr Pepper, causing the supply to boom and prices to drop.  Thanks in advance, you ignorant non-cola drinking bastards.   :)

Regular Dr. Pepper produces the most belchiness of all the medical-oriented sodas.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Further said:

Ya'll spent a shift change or two in a steel mill locker room you'd understand why clothes became the norm   :huh:

Towels, my friend. They just aren't for drying anymore.

20 minutes ago, Further said:

Ya'll spent a shift change or two in a steel mill locker room you'd understand why clothes became the norm   :huh:

The locker room?  I'd guess the mill itself would be the reason.

There are things you don't want your bits exposed to.

VysokePece1.jpg

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf said:

VysokePece1.jpg

Those guys wear armor, and if shit goes seriously wrong all it does is keep the parts in a package.   

1 minute ago, Further said:

Those guys wear armor, and if shit goes seriously wrong all it does is keep the parts in a package.  

True...but I'd guess y'all have some machinery that would eat neckties (not that they're likely in your dress code) and any other bits that might stick out.

10 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

VysokePece1.jpg

When I drove truck I had to load some equipment on my trailer that was parked right about where this picture was taken from.  I didn't have his clothing, it was hot.  The plastic lenses on my marker lights melted off the trailer and my tires were smoking.  I didn't want to think about my two tanks of diesel fuel.

When I quit truck driving I ended up as a steel worker in a forge shop.  We had zero deaths from people getting burned alive in the twenty eight years I worked there. We did have a number of guys that had to get skin grafts to repair burn injuries. Most of those could have been prevented if the guys were smarter.  I always wore clothes in the forge shop.:whistle:

• Heart 2

I'm late to the discussion, but I was wondering the same question as the thread title yesterday. My cousin posted a meme on her FB wall something to the effect of "it's hot here, but dress for the body you have, not the one you think you have."  I'm not on board with the idea that large people cannot bare their skin.  

3 hours ago, roadsue said:

I'm late to the discussion, but I was wondering the same question as the thread title yesterday. My cousin posted a meme on her FB wall something to the effect of "it's hot here, but dress for the body you have, not the one you think you have."  I'm not on board with the idea that large people cannot bare their skin.  

If you have ever been to a nudist resort you would see that nudists don't have a problem with size.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If you have ever been to a nudist resort you would see that nudists don't have a problem with size.

I think this is the key, LJ.  People who have experienced being nude in a free and open setting realize just how natural and easy it is.  Weight and body shapes are not important.  With everyone naked, you realize that no one has a perfect body and that no one has a reason to fell embarrassed or ashamed.

Fat doesn't matter anymore in a nude environment than it does in a clothed environment.  Most people who have never been somewhere where clothing is optional imagine all sorts of weird, disgusting bodies and deviant behavior.  It's understandable, but it's just wrong.  People are just people, covered up or not.   :)

• Heart 1