Christmarch...the un-answered question!

petitepedal

That is probably the best plan SW.  ChrisMarch is the fabuous time of the year when some of us swap names and buy cool gifts for one another.  I coordinated last year and we had 100% follow through.  Imagine that--- no one failed to send if they said that they would, 

That is probably the best plan SW. ChrisMarch is the fabuous time of the year when some of us swap names and buy cool gifts for one another. I coordinated last year and we had 100% follow through. Imagine that--- no one failed to send if they said that they would,

You're welcome, I did my part in helping the 100% achievement by obtaining, plus WoIndy wanted me to box up my Border Collie and send him someplace.

No Border Collie :( I had one growing up.....but my condo is no doggie :(

I didn't want to get rid of him any ways, WoIndy been trying to get rid of him for 7 years now. She still gets mad because he out smarts her and is really good at cutting her off. He's always determined to get her to pet him.

not to sharpen the poking stick to too fine a point here, but do you know why Christmas, or the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord is in December?

It's not because Christians think that's Jesus's birthday.

It's so that just after the darkest day of the year, we contemplate the coming of the Light of the World. Then each week from the Christmas season until Easter, the days get longer, and the dead world of winter comes back to life with the spring. We're supposed to actually notice that and see the symbolism behind it

But the idea of doing something nice for one another at some arbitrary time of year, and not when it is imposed on you by our consumer society is a good thing

not to sharpen the poking stick to too fine a point here, but do you know why Christmas, or the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord is in December?

It's not because Christians think that's Jesus's birthday.

It's so that just after the darkest day of the year, we contemplate the coming of the Light of the World. Then each week from the Christmas season until Easter, the days get longer, and the dead world of winter comes back to life with the spring. We're supposed to actually notice that and see the symbolism behind it

But the idea of doing something nice for one another at some arbitrary time of year, and not when it is imposed on you by our consumer society is a good thing

Mithras be damned!  

SW, Chrismarch was a fun idea hatched to bring fun to bleak Marchitude where we would send presents to randomly matched forumites, with nobody knowing who sent them what until after the fact.  It was fun, we all enjoyed it.  I was late, but I had a lot going on.

I got a cool shot glass from epg's adopted state, along with some cool things to make tea with (a nice tea robot and a dinosaur) from a lycanthropish forumite.