Are you the type that likes to get the last word?

Square Wheels
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Not me.  I take a much more responsible stance on my posting.

Every now and then, irresponsibility must reign.  It's usually stress relief, and it reminds us why we should attempt to be responsible around 90% of the time.

Just now, Kirby said:

No, but i found a recipe for one online. 

I just had half a gluten-containing jalapeno bagel with a little cream cheese and local peach preserves.  Mmmm, good!  I could almost put jalapenos on everything and be very happy. :) Jalapeno ice cream even sounds darn good!

7 minutes ago, Further said:

I thought I had the last word once. Stuffed that sucker in my sock drawer to keep it safe. Turned around with a satisfied grin on my face, and here came another word.

Words are like stars, there's no end to them.

2nd on the right and straight on till morning.

Zymurgy - I found the last word.  This thread is dead now.  You are welcome.  I pulled out an old dictionary.  Yes a dictionary that actually has pages made out of paper, and the last word was Zymurgy.  'Nough said.

ˈzīˌmərjē/
noun

1. the study or practice of fermentation in brewing, winemaking, or distilling.

32 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, so the rest of you guys can just shut up and go somewhere else.  SW you can close this thread.

Zymurgy

But wait.  If you call this number in the next 20 minutes, our operators are standing by, we will double your internet at this astounding special price.

48 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You know that the last word in that case would be SW announcing the closing right?

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

He doesn't have to announce it to close it.  He could just close it right after I post.

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Zymurgy - I found the last word.  This thread is dead now.  You are welcome.  I pulled out an old dictionary.  Yes a dictionary that actually has pages made out of paper, and the last word was Zymurgy.  'Nough said.

ˈzīˌmərjē/
noun

1. the study or practice of fermentation in brewing, winemaking, or distilling.

Wouldn't "distilling" be the last word? :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, Kirby said:

The last defined term in my dictionary is "zyzzyva" - a type of weevil and the last word in that defintiion is "leafhopper".

I have an old dictionary.  Maybe they hadn't invented the zyzzyva weevil yet.  Upon further inspection, I think zyzzyva is a made up word and we all know those have no word score.

Just to be safe..... leafhopper.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

Then this thread is pointless.  No way to win.

Welcome to the world.  Even if you "win" someone will drag the post up from 3 years ago.  Most posters to this thread acknowledge the futility while poking fun at it.  You are correct.  There is no way to win.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Welcome to the world.  Even if you "win" someone will drag the post up from 3 years ago.  Most posters to this thread acknowledge the futility while poking fun at it.  You are correct.  There is no way to win.

And I keep responding to you still hoping I've got a shot.  Hmmmmm... maybe it just means I like your banter.