Hey Mooseknuckle

Further

My pleasure. :) When I first found him, I also listened and listened and listened.  At first I loved Rufus Wainwright's version of Hallelujah, so then I seeked out the original, and I was flabbergasted. :) Love the deep voice, but also the complexity and off-beat quality of his writing. :)

Deep voices really get me.  I REALLY had a listen-fest with Crash Test Dummies mainly because of Brad Roberts' voice.  It was also cool that it was contrasted with Ellen someones's (Reed?) nice womanly voice.

I've been listening to a playlist, about 150 songs, the range is amazing, jazz, classical, shit I can't name, it just goes on forever. Some of the violin playing is exquisite. Plus words that burn into my head. And his female backup singers are always so clear an in perfect harmony.

I'm a fukin fan boy 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Further said:

I've been listening to a playlist, about 150 songs, the range is amazing, jazz, classical, shit I can't name, it just goes on forever. Some of the violin playing is exquisite. Plus words that burn into my head. And his female backup singers are always so clear an in perfect harmony.

I'm a fukin fan boy 

I love backup singers!  And his are pretty darn cool.  Thanks for rekindling my interest in his music. :)

(Just don;t let WIlbur know he's a Canuck. :D )

• Heart 1

The term "underrated" is used quite a bit, but I submit that it is an absolute travesty that Leonard is only a cult favourite, and is virtually unknown in the mainstream.  Same with Richard Thompson, IMO.   Same could be said for John Hiatt and John Prine and quite a few others, I am sure.

• 2 years later...
On 6/25/2016 at 10:42 PM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I actually remember that as the Semisonic song, not Leonard's. 

Leonard is a fucked up name.

I first heard of him when I heard a cover of "Bird on a Wire".  I didn't know it was a cover, but doubted the singer could write like that, so I investigated,  The kind of talent he has is pretty damn rare.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Leonard is a fucked up name.

I first heard of him when I heard a cover of "Bird on a Wire".  I didn't know it was a cover, but doubted the singer could write like that, so I investigated,  The kind of talent he has is pretty damn rare.

In middle school we used to call dweebs Leonards.  I forget why, but it was sort of fun. :D