St. Louis

Road Runner

A police officer has been shot in the Ballwin area, law enforcement sources have confirmed.

It happened just after 11 a.m. in the area of New Ballwin and Manchester. A source has told us the officer was shot three times in the neck during a traffic stop for speeding.

The officer has been taken to Mercy Hospital in Creve Coeur, where there is a heavy police presence. The officer's condition is currently unknown.

The suspect has been taken into custody and their weapon has been recovered.

It's not confirmed which police department the officer worked for, but the St. Louis County Police Department is handling the investigation.

It's reported that the suspect got out of his car and shot the police officer from behind as the officer was walking back to the police car. Evidently shot at the officer 3 times but only hit him once.

The suspect had been arrested in the past for weapons charges more than once. Speculation is that the suspect figure that the cop was going to arrest him once he found out the guy had a long rap sheet and possible an active warrant. If found with the gun, he was going to jail for a long time.

Officer is still alive but in critical condition.

I believe we are going to see an escalation of attacks on the police, and while the number of attacks may subside it will never fully recede.

Police tactics and responses will change to emphasize more their own safety first, then the safety of the public.  This will never be acknowledged, but instead will be justified because it 'increases the public's trust in police' and to 'guarantees the public safety when interacting with police'.

I would not be surprised in the near future to hear reports that the police have essentially abandoned certain areas, effectively refusing to respond or intentionally delaying response, because of the virtual certainty of a provoked confrontation or ambush.  Again, police organizations will never admit this but will instead point to the number of responses made in other areas and how their limited resources prevent them from a rapid response, etc. etc. etc.

When my daughter was working with violent offenders in a youth prison, our cop neighbour gave her a good briefing on self preservation.  Basically, forget all the youth rights crap if attacked. Use everything and anything you can to subdue the attacker.  My daughter said "what about blah blah law?"  Cop said "The objective is to go home to your family every night. The prisoner wouldn't be here if they respected laws."

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I believe we are going to see an escalation of attacks on the police, and while the number of attacks may subside it will never fully recede.

Police tactics and responses will change to emphasize more their own safety first, then the safety of the public.  This will never be acknowledged, but instead will be justified because it 'increases the public's trust in police' and to 'guarantees the public safety when interacting with police'.

I would not be surprised in the near future to hear reports that the police have essentially abandoned certain areas, effectively refusing to respond or intentionally delaying response, because of the virtual certainty of a provoked confrontation or ambush.  Again, police organizations will never admit this but will instead point to the number of responses made in other areas and how their limited resources prevent them from a rapid response, etc. etc. etc.

No Sir. 

As soon as Law Enforcement believes they have someone who is not intentionally trying to hurt them like the current administration they will go straight back to serving and protecting the public first. 

Areas like my own that don't give a damn about the fruitloops currently in power will always serve first. 

Areas controlled by fools will continue to slide into chaos until and if the public gets tired of their foolishness. Most of the time, Baltimore for example, the damage is irreversible for generations. 

Dallas is an example of wonderful leadership and majority support from the community. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

This is already happening. For example in St. Louis and many other places police will now work in pairs. The effectively means there will be half the number of patrol cars on the streets and the ability to respond to crimes in a timely manner will drop. Crooks will figure this out real quick.

I certainly don't blame the cops for this. And if they avoid areas where there's a lot of violent crimes, yet the people living there won't cooperate with the cops, well, those people get what they deserve.

• Heart 2