Here are some photos of the latest way cool bike to go back on the road from my secret workshop

Page Turner

43 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Nice ride. Clearly your shop isn't equipped with a paint booth. 

Toe clips? Really?

...in the olde bike world, we call that "patina".  That reaction to toe clips is why I got so many Campy, Road Ace, and Dura Ace road pedals for free.:)

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Very nice. Who needs more than 12 gears anyway?

...I rode it today and I only used three.:) It's 52/44 in front, so sort of half steppy, in a half hearted kinda way.  More gears are for suckers, with all that extra weight.

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

You need to bring that bike to the ABCE and tell it's story...I know people who will drool all over it :D

http://www.abcetour.com/

...that's crazy.  It's about all we can do here to get up a rather brief and very slow Tweed Ride every so often.  And they usually break up after about ten miles and everyone goes drinking. I took an olde Carlton to one of those once, and I don't think most of the people knew what it was.  Our British bikes crowd here is much more three speed oriented.:)

...BTW, if anyone is in search of cheap but very serviceable road tyres in 700c, the set of Performance LCR's in the 25 mm width (which actually measures 23 mm) that I put on this ride very nicely.  Kevlar belted, folding bead, 120 tpi casing and smooth rubber ( no tread ) for something like 22 bucks on sale.  I think this might be my new preferred tyre. Not as nice as Conti GP's, but good enough and way cheaper.

Page...these folks..at least the local ones meet on the first Monday of the month..many are members of the Minnesota Wheelman as well. There is always show and tell or a bike to look at..sometimes even in January!!  The 3 speed event is in May..but the September event is "All British"..however if you brought a sweet french bike..they wouldn't boot you off the stage...A good 40 miles or so on Saturday..and the Gravity Race on Sunday..lots of fun!!

• Heart 1