More lycra?

Square Wheels

56 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I have never understood why non-pro cyclists wear kits.

I think they look snappy.  I don't have a full kit at all, but I have a couple of jerseys I got a good deal on.  One is from a college club, and the other is an early 90's KHS pro jersey that looks spiffy, what with all the pretty logos and such.

I feel that I have to be in good shape and kind of fast to pull off that look, though, so it will be a while before I ride them.

I don't mind people wearing their club jersey, or a jersey from some event or something they rode

definitely if they are racing and want to wear their team kit, I'm cool with that

what I always thought was "poser roadie" was when I went to a century or something and some nut would be in a full Team CSC kit, you  know the pro kits you can buy online

I wear a full kit, bibs, jersey, gloves, helmet, socks, shoes...but all of it is plain with no logos

I found that cycling clothes worked really good for riding, so I wear cycling clothes now, but it was a long time coming. I started wearing bike shorts in the late 80s (with a tank top)

then went with jerseys about 10 years later. But I didn't start clipping in and using cycling shoes until around 2005 and then didn't wear a helmet all the time until about 2008

I wear the shorts, shoes and gloves, of course.  But I prefer a nice fitting, wicking athletic shirt to a jersey.  And I would be embarrassed to wear a printed logo kit-type jersey and shorts of any kind.

I'm not some pro-rider wannabe.  I'm just an ordinary guy who rides a bike.

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I wear the shorts, shoes and gloves, of course.  But I prefer a nice fitting, wicking athletic shirt to a jersey.  And I would be embarrassed to wear a printed logo kit-type jersey and shorts of any kind.

I'm not some pro-rider wannabe.  I'm just an ordinary guy who rides a bike.

Pockets on jerseys are INCREDIBLY handy, though.  You can store all kinds of things in them.  Phones, foodstuffs, tiny musical instruments, used condoms, anything, really.  The pockets are what converted me, I wore a fanny pack before jerseys.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Pockets on jerseys are INCREDIBLY handy, though.  You can store all kinds of things in them.  Phones, foodstuffs, tiny musical instruments, used condoms, anything, really.  The pockets are what converted me, I wore a fanny pack before jerseys.

Same here.. I used to wear a tech T and then I tried a jersey and love the pockets.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Helmets have protected my head before, just saying.  Can you imagine my postings if I had non-helmet bashings?

I'm just surprised that people haven't given you many non-helmet bashings.  I thought that's why you are as you are....... random.

• Heart 1