Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket....

Green Grass

yes, back in college I got tagged by the campus police for hauling the mail down Mulberry St going the wrong way on a one way and everything

since I didn't have any ID on me I told them my name was John Coltrane and was very apologetic as I signed and accepted the traffic tickets

The days before we had electronic data and instant checks was wonderful

• Heart 2

Years ago when I raced.  I was going down hill in a residential area probably doing 30+ in a 25 MPH zone.  A motor cop clocked me on his radar gun and told me to slow down.  I slowed & asked him for a speeding ticket for bragging rights and he just smiled shook his head and said just slow down please....

• Heart 2

Once back around 1979 or so, I was out for a ride in Indiana.  Was just riding along in the slow lane of the highway going around 40 when a Cinzano truck passed me.  I cranked it up to 600 watts and started drafting.  Every time I would pull out to pass him, the driver would wave his fingers out the window and speed up.  We got up to 60 or so when the lights and sirens came on behind us.

The truck driver braked and pulled to the shoulder, and me, being the bad ass I am , moved over into the passing lane and dropped a cab over Pete and a cop.  They never caught me as I was breaking away, so I never got the ticket.

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, socksrus said:

Once back around 1979, I was out for a ride in Indiana.  Was just riding along in the slow lane of the highway going around 40 when a Cinzano truck passed me.  I cranked it up to 600 watts and started drafting.  Every time I would pull out to pass him, the driver would wave his fingers out the window and speed up.  We got up to 60 or when the lights and sirens came on behind us.

The truck driver brakes and pulled to the shoulder, and me, being the bad ass I am , moved over into the passing lane and dropped a cab over Pete and a cop.  They never caught me as I was breaking away, so I never got the ticket.

That vignette would make a great part of a story about a young guy who was really into cycling.   :)

• Heart 3

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

That vignette would make a great part of a story about a young guy who was really into cycling.   :)

Yeah! Maybe he even dreams of riding for an Italian team. He could even try to pass himself off as Italian...

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Cierto!

On whatever road that scene was filmed (Indiana Route 37, perhaps) - 60 mph may not still qualify as "speeding".

• Heart 2

40 minutes ago, TrentonStrong said:

Cierto!

On whatever road that scene was filmed (Indiana Route 37, perhaps) - 60 mph may not still qualify as "speeding".

You guys should have been there the time me and my brother were riding in Colorado and I had to pop a wheelie to drop a herd of cattle and a couple of cowboys.  I had to be speeding then too, but I was riding really recklessy, swerving from lane to lane and sucking wheel.

4 minutes ago, socksrus said:

You guys should have been there the time me and my brother were riding in Colorado and I had to pop a wheelie to drop a herd of cattle and a couple of cowboys.  I had to be speeding then too, but I was riding really recklessy, swerving from lane to lane and sucking wheel.

Well, at least a dog didn't steal your shoe.