Check out the front page of the . . .

sheep_herder

25 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Possibly one of the great disasters of the modern world is the 24/7 news cycle that leads us to believe that the world is coming to an end.

In my grandmothers last years at home, she thought there was another plane crashing every 20 minutes as she watched CNN. :(

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Possibly one of the great disasters of the modern world is the 24/7 news cycle that leads us to believe that the world is coming to an end.

you know, the whole Orlando thing happened over a weekend that I didn't turn on a tv or computer and I had no idea anything happened....which is how it used to be. We didn't know there were Mongol hoards pouring over the city walls in Samarkand. We just knew the caravan from the east was late.

1 hour ago, Nate said:

you know, the whole Orlando thing happened over a weekend that I didn't turn on a tv or computer and I had no idea anything happened....which is how it used to be. We didn't know there were Mongol hoards pouring over the city walls in Samarkand. We just knew the caravan from the east was late.

My daughter did the same thing on the Dallas shootings.  She was living under a rock for a few days.  I was with her the other day when she saw a news report and wondered what they were talking about.  I thought everyone knew and  certainly a electronically socially connected 28 yo.  

That never happened when we only had newspapers!

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

My daughter did the same thing on the Dallas shootings.  She was living under a rock for a few days.  I was with her the other day when she saw a news report and wondered what they were talking about.  I thought everyone knew and  certainly a electronically socially connected 28 yo.  

That never happened when we only had newspapers!

Yep, my wife was attending a wool fair and camping in Rocky Mountain National Park.  One night when she called home, I ask if she had heard the news, and she was clueless.  We do not watch much news when we are traveling.