If they're not welcome, neither am I

2Far

43 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I can't really see a benefit to the restaurant from doing something like this, only downsides.  I wonder what the real story is?

I wonder if the general negative perception of law enforcement and the potential negative affect on customers.   Oh crap there's a couple of cops in there, let's eat somewhere else?!?! 

This was posted on the Facebook page of a Kalamazoo City cop.  After the local new got hold of it and interviewed the owner he looked even worse.  

Please share this. I am trying to keep my opinion out because I don't want the facts to seem embellished by my feelings. Two months ago we called KALAMAZOO TREE SERVICE for an estimate on cutting down a tree. Six weeks ago I called them and hired them to do the job, which was scheduled for today. I have been very excited about this day for a long time, because I hate that diseased, swimming pool-ruining tree. Last night I had not received any sort of confirmation from the company so I called to make sure we were still on. He said he didn't have us scheduled, he had to look through his paperwork, and would call me back by 9:00 pm (he didn't call back). He said that if he told me they were going to do the job today, they would be here.

He called me at 7:30 this morning and said the job was in my wife's name and that's why he didn't see it. He said he was not going to do the job today. I said "okay", thinking he needed to reschedule. He said he is not doing the job because "you are a cop and all cops are traitors to America." I told him that I would make sure to tell everyone I know. He said "go ahead, most Americans agree with me. You see what's happening and you guys deserve everything you are getting."

I asked him why he told me he would do the job in the first place, then not schedule me, then tell me this on the day of the job. He said "why don't you come and beat me up, arrest me, and take me to jail? That's what you guys do and get away with it."

I did not threaten this guy. I barely raised my voice and when I did it was about his business practice, not about his feelings toward law enforcement. My neighbor and I hired this man to do an $1100 job, I took the day off work for this, and have been waiting for it like it was Christmas morning. Please do not hire KALAMAZOO TREE SERVICE because the owner spreads hatred and he is a terrible businessman.

LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

Just now, Nate said:

that sucks...and I used that dildo's logo as an Avatar

that is an unfortunate coincidence.

In general I can't be bothered with all the boycotts I see bandied about for various sociopolitical reasons.  But I would most definitely refuse to patronize a place that has publicly said they don't want law enforcement there.  I almost can't believe these stories are true.

why would anyone want to eat there anyway - looks to me the cops have been saved some bad dietary issues.

I would not eat anywhere that discriminated against any member of our society - other than kids of course, they should be discriminated against 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I wonder if the general negative perception of law enforcement and the potential negative affect on customers.   Oh crap there's a couple of cops in there, let's eat somewhere else?!?! 

Maybe they are doing some money laundering or drug dealing through the restaurant, and don't want to hide in plain sight.  Also, if your clientele are folks from the hood that hate cops and won't show up if cops are there, maybe chase a better clientele?