Piggy Backing of PP's Dinner Threads....

ChrisL

We often make turkey burgers but my son prefers beef.  So I buy him one of those 2 Lb tubes of ground beef, section it off in balls and freeze them so I can make him a beef burger.  Well last week we accidentally froze the package before sectioning it off and now we have 1 3/4 lbs of ground beef that will go bad if I don't do something with it soon.   We are not big meatloaf fans and rarely cook with ground meat so am out of ideas...  Watcha got?!?!?   

33 minutes ago, TrentonStrong said:

Frozen tube of ground beef + hacksaw = instant burgers?

I buy it thawed, parcel it off and then freeze it.  My wife put the whole thing in the freezer last weekend and we didn't parcel it out.  She was making burgers the other day so defrosted the whole tube pulled out enough for one and put the rest in the fridge.  From what I understand it's not a good idea to refreeze meet once defrosted.  Several good ideas but tacos or lasagna are probably the only things that would get eaten in our house.  

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

She was making burgers the other day so defrosted the whole tube pulled out enough for one and put the rest in the fridge.  From what I understand it's not a good idea to refreeze meet once defrosted. 

ah, I missed this.  Well, yeah, I'd also vote for tacos, or sloppy joes.  

Maybe just brown it and mix in some spaghetti sauce and serve with pasta.