So are any of you other bastards watching the British Open?

Ralphie

27 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

There is just something about Mickelson.  He's just so darn likeable!   :)

Yup!  And he would be the oldest since 1860 something to win if he wins. :)

I like watching the British Open because it is always hot as hell outside when it is on. :)

3 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I like watching the British Open

By the way, they don't call it the British Open anymore.  They just call it The Open, I think to make the distinction from the US Open, that The Open was first and is the only real championship of golf.  They even call the winner, "The 2016 Champion of Golf" or some such, as if the Masters, PGA and US Open don't matter..  

15 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

By the way, they don't call it the British Open anymore.  They just call it The Open, I think to make the distinction from the US Open, that The Open was first and is the only real championship of golf.  They even call the winner, "The 2016 Champion of Golf" or some such, as if the Masters, PGA and US Open don't matter..  

Yeah, I noticed the name change, but I usually lag a few years behind. :)

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Do they?

14 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Tiger's career has seemed to unravel ever since his wife threw him out of the house for infidelity.  Injuries and surgeries have also taken their toll.

I just read up on all that.  Seems like he was coming back until all the injuries.  Firing his long time caddie could not have helped I would think.