I want one

team scooter

Nice.

Years and years ago there used to be a circular known as "Rocks and Dirt". Or something along that vein. Anyway, they were basically an ad paper for used excavating and trucking equipment "for sale by owner".

Back in the seventies you'd see a lot of ads for used/surplus military trucks, jeeps etc. Condition: As is, some battle damage located in Belgium/France/wherever. It was a fun read.

I'd love to get my hands on an old Willy's jeep.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Pokey said:

Nice.

Years and years ago there used to be a circular known as "Rocks and Dirt". Or something along that vein. Anyway, they were basically an ad paper for used excavating and trucking equipment "for sale by owner".

Back in the seventies you'd see a lot of ads for used/surplus military trucks, jeeps etc. Condition: As is, some battle damage located in Belgium/France/wherever. It was a fun read.

I'd love to get my hands on an old Willy's jeep.

As kids we were always tempted by the cheap "army surpus" jeeps or jeep parts advertised in the back of comic books. :D

• Heart 2

I had a '48 2A I think it was. Missing a lot of parts, transfer case, and gas tank were missing,along with a bunch of other stuff. Everything was available but expensive, so it sat in the driveway for a couple years, and served as a play car for my boy.

Jason was about 8 at the time, and would spend hours sitting in the Jeep pretending to drive. He has loved Jeeps his whole life and says he'll never be without one.