Video of Amish going home after a sale near where I live

speedysmed

Couple them wimmen did not put a foot down when they stopped on their bikes. I'd like to see some turn signals on those horses too. 

Also did not see any fancy Amish Heaters. Did  they sell all of them that they brought?

Seem to mix with traffic good. You sure won't see another Kalamazoo drunken carnage at buggy speed

How are they to live around? 

I see this all the time. Those are Ohio Amish. They can't hold a candle to Lancaster County Amish :P

notice all the horseshit in the road?

this is why I love York County over Lancaster County. I rode the Covered Bridge Tour one year over in Lancaster. Its on a Sunday afternoon in Amish country which means that every single Amish family in the region rode the wagon to Sunday Meeting and is on their way home. Roads full of horseshit, 4,000 pairs of bicycle wheels and it rained for 3 hours. What's not to like? Just wipe off your water bottle before you take a pull, if you know what I mean

Anyway, to you guys that's "quaint". To me, that's what PA is like, only we do it better with less electricity and more scrapple

BTW, on the Covered Bridge Tour, there would be sections where you would find the Mennonite or Amish girls on their bikes riding along with the people riding the event. It is very much like what I have heard about Holland. They ride a tall gear with a low cadence in platform pedals and plain shoes

at the country store I go to with Rich, there's a lot of bicycles with trailers, like in the video, but also they use the big basket on the rear like panniers a lot.

don't forget that right before cars, there was the bicycle. for about 20 years, the bike was the height of human transportation technology. The Wright Brothers were what again? ...that's right...bicycle mechanics

and that's a horse on a bicycle if I ever saw one

• Heart 1

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Nate said:

I see this all the time. Those are Ohio Amish. They can't hold a candle to Lancaster County Amish :P

notice all the horseshit in the road?

this is why I love York County over Lancaster County. I rode the Covered Bridge Tour one year over in Lancaster. Its on a Sunday afternoon in Amish country which means that every single Amish family in the region rode the wagon to Sunday Meeting and is on their way home. Roads full of horseshit, 4,000 pairs of bicycle wheels and it rained for 3 hours. What's not to like? Just wipe off your water bottle before you take a pull, if you know what I mean

Anyway, to you guys that's "quaint". To me, that's what PA is like, only we do it better with less electricity and more scrapple

BTW, on the Covered Bridge Tour, there would be sections where you would find the Mennonite or Amish girls on their bikes riding along with the people riding the event. It is very much like what I have heard about Holland. They ride a tall gear with a low cadence in platform pedals and plain shoes

at the country store I go to with Rich, there's a lot of bicycles with trailers, like in the video, but also they use the big basket on the rear like panniers a lot.

don't forget that right before cars, there was the bicycle. for about 20 years, the bike was the height of human transportation technology. The Wright Brothers were what again? ...that's right...bicycle mechanics

and that's a horse on a bicycle if I ever saw one

I rode Covered Bridge twice in rain like that.  It is messy.