In hospital right now

Chris...

Sending good thoughts and vibes.  Glad you're at the hospital and I trust they're handling things properly.  Hope it turns out to be something not very serious (and I'm sorry I laughed out loud at Randomguy's post).

18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I thought they usually do an EKG in a chest pain situation to see if anything appears out of the ordinary.  

Well, I can attest the an EKG is not a particularly accurate determination of pass/fail on the heart attack issue.

• Heart 2

jsharr, parodybot, sockrsus and I are praying for you.  

Hope it is just gas.  My brother went to the hospital for chest pains a few years back.  We are all in the waiting room freaking out and then we hear a massive passing of gas.  Soon he felt better.

Have you tried farting yet? Or maybe rip of a few good belches?

If not, you should, but remember, never trust a fart.

• Heart 4

11 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Well, I can attest the an EKG is not a particularly accurate determination of pass/fail on the heart attack issue.

Just another tool to assess what is going on.  A heart cath is usually only done when evidence points to a need to do so.  They usually do a stress test before they resort to a heart cath.  Provided, of course, that the patient appears to be stable and not likely to be in any danger of an imminent heart attack

1 minute ago, Wonder Woman said:

jsharr, parodybot, sockrsus and I are praying for you.  

Hope it is just gas.  My brother went to the hospital for chest pains a few years back.  We are all in the waiting room freaking out and then we hear a massive passing of gas.  Soon he felt better.

Have you tried farting yet? Or maybe rip of a few good belches?

If not, you should, but remember, never trust a fart.

If the kids were feeling poorly, Wo2 used to ask them if they'd taken a BM recently.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Just another tool to assess what is going on.  A heart cath is usually only done when evidence points to a need to do so.  They usually do a stress test before they resort to a heart cath.  Provided, of course, that the patient appears to be stable and not likely to suffer an immediate heart attack

Yeah, I had two EKGs, a stress echo & a heart cath in the span of two weeks last year. And I was symptom free.

Just now, Chris... said:

Everything has checked out ok so far. They want to keep me overnight for observation and then do a stress test tomorrow 

See?  I could be a cardiologist!  :D

I went down this road a bunch of times with my Mother over about a 15 year period.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Everything has checked out ok so far. They want to keep me overnight for observation and then do a stress test tomorrow 

Whew!!!  That is good to hear!

Demand your sponge bath, though.  You are paying for all this, so make it all count!

• Heart 4

25 minutes ago, Chris... said:

isn't being in the hospital for chest pain stressful enough for them? :(