In hospital right now

Chris...

Yikes!!!  Wow glad to hear you are for the most part OK.  Keep us posted!  FWIW I have had bouts of angina over the years and had a couple of really bad episodes a few months ago.  Went to urgent care, they did an EKG and said it wasn't a heart attack.  Even though I had them before and knew what they felt like just knowing I wasn't having a heart attack seemed to settle me down and the angina subsided shortly after the EKG was done.  It let me focus on the other causes of stress in my life which seemed to help. 

Oh and if you ever want to get moved to the very front of the line at a walk in clinic, complain of chest pains!  I was in & out of there while people who were already there when I got there were still sitting in the waiting room! 

When I went in with chest pains a few years ago, they gave me nitroglycerin. The pain chest pain went away pretty quickly but gave me one hell of a headache. My private nurse (WoJSTL) said the chest pain going away was not good in this case. She was right - I'd had a heart attack.

Chris I hope it's all just a false alarm.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Chris... said:

and then do a stress test tomorrow 

Just so you know, they don't do the usual treadmill stress tests anymore because treadmills are too expensive to maintain.

Your stress test will come tomorrow when they bring you your hospital food breakfast and the (male) nurse demands you eat all the food on your tray.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Well, looks like you'll be around for a while then.  Since @AirwickWithCheese won't be able to fully have the missus, would you minf if he takes her to dinnir tonight?  You'll he in the hospital anyhow.

Sometimes you're a good egg.  :nod head:

Before these chest pains started, did the Mrs start in on some other home improvements she wants to do now?  I know that usually is the cause of mine as the backlog grows faster than I can work.

30 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I had a failed stress test as a young lad.  They went ahead with the cath, all was well.  A stress test isn't perfect.

Was your physical conditioning pretty poor back then?  Seems hard to imagine a young man in reasonably good shape failing a stress test.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Was your physical conditioning pretty poor back then?  Seems hard to imagine a young man in reasonably good shape failing a stress test.

Hideous condition.  They gave my some drink (I think with an isotope), put me on the treadmill, took pics of my heart.  Said there was a section at the bottom that was not responding, may be nothing, may have been prior heart attack.  I had been having on and off chest pain, so they did they cath.  Revealed a perfectly healthy heart.

I always think I do a stress test every time I ride my bike.  I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I'm still pretty aggressive in my riding style.  I tend to think that if I had any partial blockages, I wouldn't be able to ride as hard as I do without suffering some discomfort.  Probably not true, but it makes me feel better anyway.    smile.gif

My mother had a lot of heart problems but luckily for her, she always exhibited pains of some sort that were indicative of her condition prior to suffering a complete blockage/heart attack.  Not true for everybody though.

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

You are becoming an old man.  It is time to embrace your creepiness.  Young women think most older men are creepy anyway.   :(

It's very sad but I fear that it may be true.

When I turned fifty...my daughter sent me a card which said when men reach fifty they become invisible to young women.

It was very hurtful as you can imagine....she didn't seem to care about treading upon my dreams. :(

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I know that I'm pretty old....but I can't believe how young the nurses are these days.....doctors too.

If I was their Dad I wouldn't let them out alone.

...I haven't visited anyone in the medical profession whose advice I trust in  twenty years.  What can they possibly have learned in the brief time they've been alive ?:huh:

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I am the same creep I was as a young man.  The only change is the packaging. :(

I think this is true for most of us.  But the thinking and actions that are accepted and even embraced as the natural ardor and exuberance of a young man, when displayed by a man of 60, aren't viewed by women, particularly young women, in quite the same way.   :(

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think this is true for most of us.  But the thinking and actions that are accepted and even embraced as the natural ardor and exuberance of a young man, when displayed by a man of 60, aren't viewed by women, particularly young women, in quite the same way.   :(

You tell me this now.....and me with an appeal but still no release date. :mellow: