I don't know how you people in the Midwest do it.

Dottleshead

41 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don't know how people can live far away from forest. I want a home where I can ride into national forest in less than one hour. Close to nature is best.

3000 acres of State forest within 10 miles of the house for me.

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, FX_James_7.9 said:

how many of these self righteous folks live in rented spaces?

not me! I panhandled my way into a small steak (and French fried potatoes)

then I bet that on a pair of natural Kings in a poker game to win Nateland, lock, stock, and barrel :)

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, FX_James_7.9 said:

aww, boo hoo, Florida doesn't have mountains either, it must suck

Actually if you're not out on the Keys or near the beach -- it does suck.  Minus those areas -- you can have it.  Especially those giant death mosquitoes they have.  The whole place is nothing but a giant swamp.

8 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

Actually if you're not out on the Keys or near the beach -- it does suck.  Minus those areas -- you can have it.  Especially those giant death mosquitoes they have.  The whole place is nothing but a giant swamp.

Most states are nice with a few dumpy areas.  Florida is a dump with a few nice areas.  

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

Try to look at the aesthetics for once Maxie and not the race track opportunities. 

Race tracks?

Hell I'm talking about Gay karaoke night at the Bombay Bycicle Club in Altamonte Springs or Christmas FL or shooting pool with the cuties at Trick Shots in east Orlando near the University of Central Florida.  Then there's bike rides out to the National Sea Shore.  Miami Beach.....the part to the west of Indian Creek.  St Augistine........I'd love to run a T shirt shop there.  The horse farms in Mt. Dora.

Florida is a great place if you know where to go (and it isn't where tourists go)

46 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Florida is my most favorite state of all.

Unfortunately, most of my travel there has been to the major centers.  I tend to dislike anywhere touristy and Florida is that in spades.  Lots of crime, crappy politics, homeless constantly harassing people etc.  Ocala area is nice.  Former boss has a horse farm there so we stayed there on the ranch. I do like Tampa Bay area. Atlantic coast south of Jax, you can have.  I used to ride Ft Lauderdale with a friend there.  Drivers have no respect for roadies in South Florida.

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Unfortunately, most of my travel there has been to the major centers.  I tend to dislike anywhere touristy and Florida is that in spades.  Lots of crime, crappy politics, homeless constantly harassing people etc.  Ocala area is nice.  Former boss has a horse farm there so we stayed there on the ranch. I do like Tampa Bay area. Atlantic coast south of Jax, you can have.  I used to ride Ft Lauderdale with a friend there.  Drivers have no respect for roadies in South Florida.

It's true the politics suck.  When I say I like the Orlando area you have to realize that I avoid the south west quarter like the plague.  If you do that and avoid most of the obvious tourist areas there are a lot of things to do.  I too like Ocala, but I couldn't tell Dots that because it's the home of the Garlits Museum.

We came very close to buying a house in or around Titusville a couple of years ago.  Remember this would be a house in red neck country where the neighbors have a car up on blocks in the back yard and a trailer in the front.  :P  My kind of people.  Too many of them are getting squeezed out by the wealthy.

• Heart 1