20%

Mr. Silly

Means nothing! I was at a company that had a dramatic slow (thanks to the big "O"). Ther had been 3 waves of lay offs over 3 months. I figured I would get cut since I was QC and that is where companies cut back when they can. I was told not to worry. I was even chosen to go on for some special classes for inspection training. I completed the week long course then got laid off about 3 weeks later before I could even use any of the newly found skills. :lol:

Don't worry, your job is safe! :whistle:

I remember when I worked for Boeing, there were all these rumors of layoffs...The big bosses called a big "all hands" meeting in the cafeteria to tell us that was all rumors, don't worry. Our union steward even worked on our team, and he even said that there was nothing to the rumors

that was on Friday

Saturday morning, in the local paper, the front page headline was "Boeing Electronics Announces Layoffs"

:whistle:

I remember when I worked for Boeing, there were all these rumors of layoffs...The big bosses called a big "all hands" meeting in the cafeteria to tell us that was all rumors, don't worry. Our union steward even worked on our team, and he even said that there was nothing to the rumors

that was on Friday

Saturday morning, in the local paper, the front page headline was "Boeing Electronics Announces Layoffs"

:whistle:

When I worked at Honeywell, we had a similar incident. Rumors were that big layoffs were coming. We were told that a few would come, but not many. That very afternoon there was a glitch in the keycard system and many people's (including mine) keycards wouldn't work to open the doors anymore. Everybody thought that was a sign for sure that they were on the chopping block. 

In the end, layoffs were not small, they were HUGE. I was one of the ones that kept their job, though. Luckily our department wasn't very replaceable. It's hard to outsource software development when much of the work is required (by government contract) to be done by U.S. citizens.