Best Pop album from the 80s

Square Wheels

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You have a thing for Kanuckistan rockers SW.  NTTIAWWT

Funny thing was, I was going to a Journey concert with friends and some guy Bryan Adams was opening up.  Never heard of him, big deal if we miss some of that.  Holy crap, he was rocking the Centrum down.  We were still outside and pretty pissed off we missed any of it.  Been a fan ever since.  He's pretty great.  Wrote so many hits for other people, plus has a pretty large library of his own stuff.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

Gotta agree with this. It was the album I thought of.

I would have agreed with this if SW titled the thread "Biggest".  But he wrote "Best" and I was never a MJ fan.  

Try as I might, even as a teen in the '80's I just couldn't rock the single glove.  Unless it was a baseball glove

• Heart 1

I prefer Ryan Adams to Bryan Adams.

Here is a cute little story from Wikipedia; :D

At a concert in October 2002, at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, someone in the audience yelled out a request for "Summer of '69," a hit by the similarly-named Bryan Adams. Ryan reacted with a stream of expletives, and ordered the house lights turned on, The Tennessean newspaper reported. He eventually found the fan who made the joke request, paid him $30 cash as a refund for the show, ordered him to leave, and said he would not play another note until he had left.[57] In April 2015, Ryan, who had since become friends with Bryan, played "Summer of '69" at the end of another performance at the Ryman, an act described by Rolling Stone as "an olive branch to the city that was once his home."[58]

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I could stand MJ though 

In the 80s - I couldn't.  I really didn't like anything I heard from that album, though it might not have helped that I heard so much of it.

30+ years later I have come around a bit - especially on "Billie Jean" which is a fantastic track.