I'm adopting the whistlepig lifestyle

Parsnip Totin Jack

8 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I very much enjoyed my time as a whistlepig. 

I might have remained had I chosen AirwickWhistlepig

A box turtle was the first pet I had. I named her Myrtle the Turtle. She lived for about three years, and layed eggs two of those years, of course the eggs didn't hatch, but I was only seven and had high hopes for the eggs.

My mother had the apartment painted, they used oil based paint for the trim, and the fumes were horrible for about a week.

Myrtle died from the fumes. Blood crusted around her eyes and nostrils. I cried for an hour on my mothers lap.

Everything dies. You have to love and appreciate everything while it is here.

Hope for tomorrow and live for today 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, team scooter said:

We thought they were called whistlepigs because when we whistled really loud, they'd stick their heads out of their holes to check things out. :scratch head:

That is true but I'm not sure it led to the nickname.  I used to do that to get their attention right before I pulled the trigger.  

The whistlepig lifestyle....

My neighbor retired a few years ago, he doesn't seem to do much other than watch TV. 

He and his wife used to smoke cigarettes, then they quit, but he started again. He doesn't smoke in the house anymore but he pops out the back door onto his deck, smokes for a minute or two, then back to the TV.

I've nicknamed him the woodchuck because of the way he pops out of his burrow, smokes a bit, looks around and dives right back in.

• Heart 1