Do the Brits hate the Welsh as much as …

Mr. Silly

Portland sucks....and so does Asheville.

Greenville is worse though.

Portland isn't that bad.  I enjoy going to what's supposed to be the world's largest small engine and antique tractor show ever year there.  This year I need to pick up some parts for my latest addition.

Never been to Greenville, but it's kind of down in Par8's territory and I imagine there isn't much there.

Portland is GREAT!  I lived there for a year, and I liked it.  I would have stayed if it wasn't for the employment scene.

I wouldn't go quite that far, aside from the Tractor show which once a year, you are talking about a fairground and a Walmart in the middle of no where.

The Welsh are British. The English don't hate them, the Welsh are trying to get their independence. The problem is that they are a poor country and couldn't survive without England.

The French Canadians are Canadians too but real Canadians hate the French Canadians anyway for wanting independence.  Don't the English get just a little peeved over the stupid name of Welsh towns like, Ffestiniog, Llanfairfechan and Penmaenmawr?

• 6 years later...
On 9/26/2013 at 2:33 PM, Mr. Silly said:

Canadians hate the French Canadians?

When I briefly studied and taught in grad school at the U of Toronto and joined a fraternity, There would occasionally be French Canadian or Newfie (Newfoundlander) jokes.

They were all exactly the same as Polish or other ethnic/race jokes I had heard in the USA with the nationality changed.

Before the Canadians telling them to me would finish, I'd call out the punch line. They asked me if Newfie or French Canadian jokes are popular in the States and I'd say, "I never heard one before coming to the U. of Toronto. I'm just good a figuring out how jokes will end."

13 hours ago, MickinMD said:

When I briefly studied and taught in grad school at the U of Toronto and joined a fraternity, There would occasionally be French Canadian or Newfie (Newfoundlander) jokes.

They were all exactly the same as Polish or other ethnic/race jokes I had heard in the USA with the nationality changed.

Before the Canadians telling them to me would finish, I'd call out the punch line. They asked me if Newfie or French Canadian jokes are popular in the States and I'd say, "I never heard one before coming to the U. of Toronto. I'm just good a figuring out how jokes will end."

And exactly the same as Van Der Merwe jokes in SA, except with an accent.

And exactly the same as Boudreaux jokes in Looziana, except with an accent.

15 hours ago, Dottie said:

Modo was a good man.  I thanked him above posthumously.

I often play Jimmy Buffett's Tin Cup Chalice and think of Sonny.  I knew he liked that song.  I had a coffee mug he made and sent to me, but it got broken.  I miss Sonny and I miss my mug.  He was a good man.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

23 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

Why would Texans hate the Coloradans?  You're not even adjacent.  

Other way around - the Coloradans don't like Texans because, except for jsharr and other Cafe Texans, most folks from Texas who venture out to other states are awful people and even worse drivers. Too many Texans head to CO and muck up everything for the rest of the folks just trying to enjoy the great outdoors.