Is this enough icing?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by shotgun,

Just now, Randomguy said:

You are filled with a wrongness that is hard to quantify, but I will try.  You are wrong on two out of the three.

Besides, every damn thing in the world should have icing, even icing.

You are completely wrong about being wrong.  Icing is great on a great many things but brownies have a texture that is destroyed by icing or anything that is hidden inside.

Brownie and nothing but the brownie and that's final!  

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

That's going too far.  Now I'm pissed.

I know, that was mean.  I will get you seasonal affective disorder for Christmas, too.

A really soft moist brownie that is more like a cake will require icing.  A brownie that is baked properly, with a hardened outside layer and moist interior, often doesn't need icing, but it may be enhanced by it.  Walnuts are optional, but add something nice oftentimes.  Raisins are just never good in anything baked, ever, although they are nice by themselves.

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

A really soft moist brownie that is more like a cake will require icing.  A brownie that is baked properly, with a hardened outside layer and moist interior, often doesn't need icing, but it may be enhanced by it.  Walnuts are optional, but add something nice oftentimes.  Raisins are just never good in anything baked, ever, although they are nice by themselves.

You are wrong on so many levels.  Just plain wrong.

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know, that was mean.  I will get you seasonal affective disorder for Christmas, too.

How about sour cream raisin pie?  I had a piece at the Bluegrass Festival this weekend.

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Kzoo said:

You are completely wrong about being wrong.  Icing is great on a great many things but brownies have a texture that is destroyed by icing or anything that is hidden inside.

20 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Cinnamon raisin toast is the bomb.  RG, admit it, you know nothing.

Bear claws - enough said.

I understand the textural argument, but icing is not hidden inside, so nothing is ruined by it.  The second comment is wrong based on the textural basis, though, which is why raisins ruin everything, as raisin texture is far different from anything that is baked.  Raisins are ruiners, whether they are in brownies, cookies, toast, pie, or bear claws.  

Icing is wonderful.

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Things not to put in a brownie
icing check

raisins check

nuts, yes please.

WRONG!  First you post breaded wings, which is confirmation of insanity (plus knowing you online for 20 years or so established that prior), you might as well add raisins to that breading of the wings.

I suspect that people who don't appreciate iced brownies were dropped on their heads often as infants.

13 minutes ago, Dangling Participle said:

WRONG!  First you post breaded wings, which is confirmation of insanity (plus knowing you online for 20 years or so established that prior), you might as well add raisins to that breading of the wings.

I suspect that people who don't appreciate iced brownies were dropped on their heads often as infants.

You sir the dickiest bag of baggy dickish dicks to hold such views.  Icing is for cake and some cookies.  Brownies need a crisp, baked top and the nutiness that only nuts can bring.  A corner brownie is of course the very best.  

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

A corner brownie is of course the very best.  

We all know that this is sometimes not true, as in the case of overbaking or uneven baking, then the corners are inedible.  There are multiple types of brownies, but one thing we can all agree on is that raisins are evil in them.

• Heart 1