Welcome Martha

Welcome Bot

Welcome, Martha.

Forgive my joke about Martha Stewart, it was an old forum joke from an earlier thread many years ago.  This forum has some jokes that you will get as time goes on.

It's nice to have another gal around here.  It will help us keep those men in line.  

Tell us about what kind of riding you do.  

• Heart 2

Just now, Martha said:

Thank you, Dirtyhip.

For the most part I frown on women and cycling but I have been known to hop on my Raleigh shopper to go get Chinese for dinner.  

Do you cycle? 

Yes, I consider myself a cyclist. 

What do you mean that you frown on women and cycling?  That seems like a strange thing to say.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Martha said:

I meant no harm. It's just not very feminine in all situations. 

I always feel like hopping in the shower after getting back from getting Chinese. Am I right? 

We don't have to act/look feminine all the time.  I ride mountain bikes mostly, so it can be quite rugged.  I wear a full face helmet and body armor on many of my rides.  

Your bike looks like a nice city bike.  Yes, biking makes you sweat.  Girls can sweat and still be feminine and sexy.  :D

I have a commuter, a pump track bike, a mountain bike and a CX bike. All the perfect bikes for the style of riding that I do.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Martha said:

Seems incomprehensible. I don't understand, surely you jest?  :)

I think you'd enjoy one of my documentaries. 

Here was my first. 

No joking about my riding here.   I raced Enduro last year, which is like downhill racing.  What do you not understand?  I like riding really fast down the hill.

I love documentaries.  I would like to watch this one, when I get a chance.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Martha said:

I met Page in Woonsocket in 1977

My commiserations.....and it's heartening that you appear to be almost unscathed by the experience. Now given that this meeting would be almost forty years ago I take it that this wouldn't be your own photo or at least one taken many years ago. Whatever....welcome to the forum.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Cheese is Cheese.  Martha is Martha.  It's not iced tea, it's lemonade.  Read the sign.  Lemonade.  What's wrong with you people?

You Sir are a genius. Whereas as bikeman8675309 is a lame-o.   :nodhead:

Hi DH!   :)

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

For a moment, I thought you were talking about me.

Please don't be sad because I had to reject your inappropriate advances on Martha yesterday.  It was tempting. I could picture us in a little white cottage with casement windows and dutch doors front and back.