Cheering up Wilbur

maddmaxx

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Why do we need to cheer up Wilbur?  He is happy as a clam.

Wilbur is just a shell. His modest success in life is outweighed by his inner turmoil of knowing he was meant for so much more. A man like Wilbur can fool us, but he cannot fool himself.  

Whereas Martha knows life did not hold such promise and that being a bag girl at the Winn Dixie on Old Buncombe Road would have been her apex.  

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Where is your cheer level at today, Wilbur?

I think I am about 60% cheery.   Not a lot of pain, just discomfort.  Tired of being a mouth breather.  Wednesday, the stitches, splints and packing comes out.  Not supposed to be fun but it will be a big improvement.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think I am about 60% cheery.   Not a lot of pain, just discomfort.  Tired of being a mouth breather.  Wednesday, the stitches, splints and packing comes out.  Not supposed to be fun but it will be a big improvement.  

Hope the healing is fast and complete. You need to be back at full strength next year so we can get in that ride we keep threatening to do.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

When are you supposed to feel normal?  I know normal is a moving target, but what kind of timeline did they give you?

Feel ok but with work limitations and a ban on exercise and lifting 10 lbs max. - 3-4 weeks, 

Feel normal and work / exercise without restrictions 4 months. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wednesday, the stitches, splints and packing comes out.

I had a deviated septum repaired, and my uvula removed at the same time.  About 20 years ago.  Not sure how long it was packed, but I agree it was hard to survive.  I hibernated in a small bedroom with two humidifiers running full time.

I distinctly remember having the packing removed, not pleasant.  The doc pulled on the gauze and my head came up off the pillow.  Then it started gushing blood.  It stopped pretty quick and I could finally breath.  It was wonderful, until the swelling started and I could barely breath again.

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I had a deviated septum repaired, and my uvula removed at the same time.  About 20 years ago.  Not sure how long it was packed, but I agree it was hard to survive.  I hibernated in a small bedroom with two humidifiers running full time.

I distinctly remember having the packing removed, not pleasant.  The doc pulled on the gauze and my head came up off the pillow.  Then it started gushing blood.  It stopped pretty quick and I could finally breath.  It was wonderful, until the swelling started and I could barely breath again.

Things have probably improved greatly.  I had a Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction, Polypectomy, Rhinoplasty and Comprehensive sinus surgery to enlarge all openings.  Took just about 6 hours.  The packing is dissolvable rather than cotton but most still gets sucked out and rinsed again.  Blech!