Cheering up Wilbur

maddmaxx

I still think Wilbur's cheer level was right for his level of incapacitation and pain, and that no effusive cheering was needed, and that he was/is snapping back at the expected rate.

Therefore, I think another thread is needed to remove some of the extra cheer he received.  Too much cheer is as bad as too little, and we don't want Wilbur to go all manic/depressive on us.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, are you unpacked yet.  Can you give us an update or do you hate the whole world right now.

I can't paint a picture for you if you don't like the sight of blood...

Yes, unstitched, unpacked, unsplinted.  I can breathe properly for the first time ever.  A lot better than any time in the past year.  What am I going to do with all this extra O2?

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes, unstitched, unpacked, unsplinted.  I can breathe properly for the first time ever.  A lot better than any time in the past year.  What am I going to do with all this extra O2?

Sailplane altitude record?

fossett-alt-glider-ground-0303-1a.jpg

07h_jj2016_payne_e5c2434_live-wr2.jpg__800x600_q85_crop_subject_location-530,265.jpg

• Heart 2

On 10/05/2016 at 8:10 PM, Wilbur said:

• Heart 2

29 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

Drunken sailors?  I highly doubt it.

I compressed 3 years of school and a stint as an instructor into two years.  I had no problem sleeping.  I had no car however (pre racing days) so sometimes I had no problem drinking either.  That was the beginning of the end for drinking however.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Good morning Wilbur.  Are you feeling better yet?

Hey maxx!!!  Yes, swelling is starting to diminish.  Bruising is almost gone.  Still no smell or taste but that will be up to 4 months.  Top lip, teeth and roof of mouth have no feeling yet. washing out the sinuses is totally disgusting.  Still some bleeding but the doc said it should stop within a week.  I can breathe!  All is good.  Thanks for the cheer up thread. :)  Tired of sleeping in a chair though.. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Hey maxx!!!  Yes, swelling is starting to diminish.  Bruising is almost gone.  Still no smell or taste but that will be up to 4 months.  Top lip, teeth and roof of mouth have no feeling yet. washing out the sinuses is totally disgusting.  Still some bleeding but the doc said it should stop within a week.  I can breathe!  All is good.  Thanks for the cheer up thread. :)  Tired of sleeping in a chair though.. 

Been there done that.  This forum is good for getting us through the tough times.  Read the Jalapeno thread.  Perhaps we can speed up the recovery.  After all, that which doesn't kill cures eh?  

Anyway, hockey season is coming.  Have you seen any pre-season games yet?

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nuthin' maxx! 

Sorry to hear that.  Do they expect that your ability to smell will return eventually?  In the meantime if you can't smell roses I'll have to provide audio.  It's also one of the theme songs for the UCONN women's basketball team for obvious reasons.  The drive for another 4 begins soon.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Wilbur, if I might suggest you bring up maxx's flowers on your screen, scratch several times (the screen, not yourself), sniff while placing your nose close to the screen and see if that helps...

See TK.  You clearly don't give me enough credit.  I already tried that!