I got a notification from comcast

bikeman564™

22 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

comcast can blow it out their ass.

Although you probably know Comcast as a cable company/internet provider you'd probably be surprised to find out who comcast really is.

https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/215781/your-complete-guide-to-everything-owned-by-comcast

Comcast owns popular film studio Universal Studios; it is considered one of Hollywood’s “Big 6” film studios along with Warner Bros. Entertainment, The Walt Disney Studios, Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group, Fox Filmed Entertainment, and Paramount Motion Pictures Group.

They are the Philadelphia Flyers.  They are Hulu.

Comcast is bigger than you know.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Comcast is begger than you know.

True.  I haven't been following them very closely.  But it makes sense.  I think what I hate about them most is their service (although they are getting better) and some really bad experience with them over the years.  I cannot think of to many companies I actively remember thinking, I'll never do business with you again.  But I have to if I want to work from home and on my job there are times I need to work from home.

Thanks for the post.

It took us a long time to get out of Commiecast clutches. We had a bundle. So first it was phone. Change to OOMA. WoScrapr likes a hard line. That girl can talk! Then TV. Changed to Direct TV. Not super great. But when (not if) there is a problem she likes the CS. Last part was the internet. We talked to a provider at a home show and switched. Half the price and good speed. 

We sort of felt bad because a former neighbor was a long time Comcast exec. He sent a salesperson door to door on our street to sign us up. Very nice package...that kept getting worse & worse. Should have caught a clue when the Visa card they promised on sign up never came. Eventually most of the hood changed off CC. And he got released from his duties

What frosts my gourd is how they continually increase their prices for longtime customers, forcing you to play the call them to get the rate lowered or switch to Direct TV or Verizon for a few years then back again.  Life is too short for this aggravation.  As far as I am concerned, they are customer-hostile.  As opposed to car companies where you actually have a choice so if they treat you like shit, it is sayonara, baby. Or conversely, a customer for life.

And their giant building is like a finger in the eye: "FU, customer, we are having a great time with your money." :angry:

• Heart 1